• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Montana Rifle Company X3

Due to recent relocation to Phoenix I'm putting some of my collection up for sale:

This is a Montana Rifle Company X3 in .338 Win Mag with the MRC Flatts break and left hand action from the factory. Less than 200 rounds down the barrel. As you might be aware the wait list for these is at least 6 months, and it took me over a year to get this one. It has a professional trigger job done by The Gunsmith in Phoenix (2 & 3/4 lbs trigger weight) and the bolt was polished by The Riflesmith over in Mesa. It currently has a Evolution Gun Works picatinny rail.

Vortex PST Gen II 5-25x50 EBR-4 SFP mounted with Vortex Precision rings ready to go now listed separately.

I can include hard case for extra or ship it however you prefer to your favorite FFL.

Price: $1400 Shipped

Attachments

• 20191017 - X3 - Photo 2 - CS.jpeg
    20191017 - X3 - Photo 2 - CS.jpeg
    676.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 20191017 - X3 - Photo 3 - CS.jpeg
    20191017 - X3 - Photo 3 - CS.jpeg
    512.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 20191017 - X3 - Photo 1 - CS.jpeg
    20191017 - X3 - Photo 1 - CS.jpeg
    700.2 KB · Views: 104
I will leave official feedback in the sellers forum but wanted to give a quick thumbs up to Pierce on how he handled a bad situation. The rifle arrived banged up and had a cracked stock all the way through (not from shipping - it was well protected there). MRC is a company I will never purchase another rifle from (and I think Pierce shares in that frustration) but long and short of it is this - a stock with 200 rounds down the pipe had a crack all the way through and MRC admitted to having such bad tolerances, they couldn't send a replacement stock that would drop in. Pierce is a stand up guy. Thank you for making this right!

Last edited:
Reactions: NDF
I have had a crummy deal with MRC as well with a barrel they threaded for me on a 300wby SS just like the one pictured. price quoted and final price was exactly double when rifle done.
I used a Win70 HS Precision fiberglass stock on mine.