Montana Muley

I love them! When I bought this rifle in August I pondered the 300prc but something about the versatility of the .284 bullets and their coefficients you can't beat. Owning a 7-08, 280ai, and now the 28 Nosler I have a hard time reaching for my 6.5 PRC when I'm going hunting. When it comes to the velocity battles I think in my opinion Nosler calibers are money!!! Weatherby is right in there too but they're too expensive of a cartridge 😂. The bull I shot a month ago at 531 was the same way. That accubond did exactly what I was hoping for.
That's why we RELOAD! But only for Weatherby....🤣

Great Buck!
Thanks for the hunt story.
Always thought hunting off hourseback would be fun!
Congratulations!

Last edited:
I love them! When I bought this rifle in August I pondered the 300prc but something about the versatility of the .284 bullets and their coefficients you can't beat. Owning a 7-08, 280ai, and now the 28 Nosler I have a hard time reaching for my 6.5 PRC when I'm going hunting. When it comes to the velocity battles I think in my opinion Nosler calibers are money!!! Weatherby is right in there too but they're too expensive of a cartridge 😂. The bull I shot a month ago at 531 was the same way. That accubond did exactly what I was hoping for.
I agree, my favorite rifle, up until a very large black bear a few years back, was a R700 280 Mtn rifle.
This pig took 4 , 175 gr Partitions before he expired.
Took out both front shoulders, spine, lungs, and heart.
He was just tougher than nails.
So I moved up to a 338 wm, and just never really had confidence in it.
I gave that to my son for bear & elk.
Then I struggled with the 28 or 30 Nosler issue.
Ended up with the 30 but those 28's are impressive to say the least.
I think a guy couldn't go wrong with 26 Nosler on up.