Montana Muley

slewis12

Bagged this guy on Nov. 8th in Heron, MT. Hiked 3.5 hours thru the dark from 2000ft to 7000ft 15 min after getting there this guy was there with a big group of does with another 2x2 buck. He was bumping does to get the moving out plowed him at 248 yards with the 300 ultra mag. Elk creek outfitting had a range out to 800 yards I was the only person in camp other than one of the guides that could ring the 12inx12in steel target at that range. I was prepared for cross canyon shots but instead got a straight up hill shot. The pics is my guide and deer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 110
Bagged this guy on Nov. 8th in Heron, MT. Hiked 3.5 hours thru the dark from 2000ft to 7000ft 15 min after getting there this guy was there with a big group of does with another 2x2 buck. He was bumping does to get the moving out plowed him at 248 yards with the 300 ultra mag. Elk creek outfitting had a range out to 800 yards I was the only person in camp other than one of the guides that could ring the 12inx12in steel target at that range. I was prepared for cross canyon shots but instead got a straight up hill shot. The pics is my guide and deer.

I just had to spin this image. Caught myself sitting here with my head all twisted. Decent buck.

deer.jpg

I've caught a few rides walking out of the woods in that neck of the country from the guys at elk creek outfitters. Good group of guys( kind enough to get me off my feet walking back to the truck) :D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.