Montana elk

Seem to be a decent amount of elk where I'm at. About 50 miles N. of Missoula. Have some walking by the house every now & then.

Attachments

• 2.12.2021 morning elk 001.JPG
    2.12.2021 morning elk 001.JPG
    854.3 KB · Views: 187
On the real Bowhunter what are you looking for in terms of info? Seriously Montana has elk and darn good elk hunting in almost nook and cranny of the state. I get that you're from out of state and have to do a lot of cyber scouting, we all do that most every year. For me that's a good share of the fun!

Don't get me wrong I love doing the research but it is always nice getting a little info that the units you are looking at are pretty good and they are not over crowded. The unit I have been hunting in Idaho just seemed to get more and more hunters in it every year. I finally find out that go hunt and the other big game web sites are telling everybody it is a great place to go. I would rather hear it from a hunter or biologist that it is a good unit and not from a website that is posting the same info to everyone. So lots of phone calls and questions and you start getting a little bit of info hear and there.

bowhunter#18---if you wish PM me your contact info and I'll give you a call and we can talk off line.