Montana elk hunting unit

amork

So this next week I have my annual elk hunt in montana and am wondering if anyone out there hunts montana elk that could help me. I have hunted the gravellys near cameron, MT the last few years and have been seeing more and more bear and wolf sign and less and less elk sign. All i want right now this fall is to find maybe a bull and a couple cows for me and my group of friends. We are definitely not afraid to put in the work to find them. We were looking at the little belts possibly but were wondering if anyone had any suggestions on somewhere to try out. I would have been out scouting but I have been working out of state for a while now and haven't had the chance to be back home much. Thankyou in advance.

Try hunting closer to the Continental Divide. I live in Idaho & hunt the mountains along the state line. I seen more elk than you can imagine this past season.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts