Montana Deer and Elk Hunting

You should do an antelope hunt in eastern MT,LOTS of access and the OOS tag odds are real good,you can buy a couple doe tags in most of the areas that have surplus.I wish all OOS hunters were as down to earth as you seen to be,we get some real aholes that act as if we were put here to cater to them,those are the ones that create a bad image for the OOS hunter.If I can help you with your 2010 plans PM me and Ill share what I know.

I never thought about lopes in Montana. This will be my 3rd year for my lopes tag in Wyoming should get picked this year. I'm sure the antelope tag are a draw? How about the doe tags because I'm a meat hunter? I really enjoy the taste of WT now that I have harvested a few. here in California we get two deer tags one OTC and one you have to draw. I have 4500 acres to hunt in the OTC zone and the draw zone my best friend from high school owns a 10k acre alfalfa ranch on the border of Oregon and Cal there are Mule deer and Califonia Black tail but both taste good because of the Alfalfa not real big deer but once and a while you get a monster.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.