Montana Bull ~ 701 yards-- triple header*

Great story. Well done. I was able to "guide"my dad to a big bull and what a feeling it is to be with them when they take one.

I have a Sako TRGs as well. I'd like to ask you questions about it. Would you rather I Pm you?

Up to you, PM or otherwise.. can answer about anything ya like regarding the rifle. Aside from action & trigger, it's all custom. What would ya like to know?

That is one awesome elk hunt! Just out of curiosity did you haul any meat with your badlands sacrifice pack? if so how did it do? I have one but never hauled meat with it. Congratulations you earned it.

I appreciate the comments guys.. it definitely was "one for the books"

That is one awesome elk hunt! Just out of curiosity did you haul any meat with your badlands sacrifice pack? if so how did it do? I have one but never hauled meat with it. Congratulations you earned it.

...and yah, we did carry meat in the packs. In that pic with myself and the two guides walkin' down the hill carrying the racks, I actually had a load on full of backstraps and tenderloin-- off both elk. We stuffed my day-gear all into my brothers bag (since "we" had the better packs) and I filled mine with whatever de-boned stuff would fit.. (without busting the seams!!) I figure there was about 50-55lbs in there, plus the rifle. We had 4miles to carry out from where we skinned/quartered the bulls & we were all feelin' it by the time we got back to the pick-up! Sam figured the horns & capes were probably in that 60lbs range, so we all were weighed down more/less the same. The sacrifice bags are good day-packs, but limit a guy if carrying in "camp" and still expect to haul a kill out with.. obviously, in this case NO backpack could do it, took 5 horses for petes-sake!!! haha.. but overall yah, the sacrifices do pretty well. Wasn't the first trip we've used them-- carrying them 3-4yrs now, only minor knicks & tears so far. Holding up not bad.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.