Montana & Arizona

jbs2014

If our enemy ever gets control of all three branches again it is safe to assume that their first order of business will be infringing on our Second Ammendment rights. One of our most significant threats, Mark Kelly, comes from Arizona. Mark Kelly is the husband of Gabby Giffords who founded her own gun control group, which never met a Second Amendment violation it did not like.

In 2013 Kelly tried to purchase a semi-automatic rifle for the purpose of demonstrating their ease of purchase and possibly to gain support for restrictions on semi-autos. Apparently at least one Arizona gun store would not sell him one.
Source: LA Times https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-x...sault-rifle-to-mark-kelly-20130326-story.html

According to a 5 March 2018 document from the Giffords Law Center, Kelly is also behind a proposal to make semi-automatic rifles NFA and/or prohibit their future manufacture.
Source: https://giffords.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Giffords_GLC_assault-weapons_NFA.pdf

Kelly also seems to blather on about "expanded background checks" on his campaign site. What he fails to explain is what he means by expanded background checks? What is inadequate about what we use right now? Would his recommendations work without violating privacy rights? And who decides, under his proposed system, who can and cannot own a firearm.

Steve Bullock is not much better. While governor he vetoed a constitutional carry bill.
Source: https://apnews.com/51b436e85cb84f638bac69f37b0fc21c

On 21 October 2019 he said the following on Twitter:

"I am a hunter and a gun owner. No hunter needs a 30-round magazine, a bump stock, or an assault weapon. A large majority of Americans – Republican and Democrat – agree." Perhaps he should actually read the document that he swore to support and defend as governor. If he had he would realize that it contains a Bill of Rights, not a Bill of Needs.
Source:

Compare that with Senator Steve Daines, who has introduced legislation to further protect our Second Amendment rights
And for all of you GOA fans out there it seems that GOA supports Daines
Source: https://gunowners.org/montana-senator-steve-daines-stands-strong-for-gun-rights/

Both Kelly and Bullock are trying to disguise themselves as moderates because they are running in states that value their Second Amendment rights. But as you can see they are anything but moderate. Please vote, and encourage other gun owners to vote, for candidates that will defend our Second Amendment rights.

jbs2014 put lots of effort into his post - I like it and agree.

The attack on our 2nd Amendment in Montana continues with the lady congressional candidate (D) who recently equated AR 15's as "machine guns". At times I hunt rodents with my AR15 and have plans to shoot called yotes with it.

Lots of enthusiastic AR activity at our local range indicating much resistance to banning them.

Centuries ago 1000's of my kind in Europe were killed in one day by enraged mobs (sort of like Antifa) thus my affinity for the 2nd.

Not at all. Getting shot in head is a life changing event. It makes a person reflect. Not saying I agree with them but their reaction is certainly understandable.

No it is not

Lots of people get shot and shot at. Most of them are angry with the person that shot them as opposed the firearm that was used to shoot them. Getting upset with the firearm is about as stupid as a choking victim getting mad at the farmer who grew the food.

And then we have Steve Scalise - similar situation but different reaction - no exploitation of a horrific event.

First of all, Scalise was not shot in the head and was able to return to work. He is still on the job today. Gifford has a severe brain injury and can no longer work. If Scalise had reacted the same way as Gifford and become pro gun control, would he have gotten re-elected? They are not similar in their outcomes. If you want to compare similarities, compare her to James Brady. Secondly, how is it anymore of an exploitation than say a person who had never even thought about cancer research and then they or a loved one gets cancer and they become all about cancer research.

Everyone reacts differently. I don't know how I would react in that situation. No one does until it happens to them. I disagree with them and I will vote against them but I don't hate these people and I certainly don't consider them my enemy. I feel sorry for them.

No it is not

Lots of people get shot and shot at. Most of them are angry with the person that shot them as opposed the firearm that was used to shoot them. Getting upset with the firearm is about as stupid as a choking victim getting mad at the farmer who grew the food.

Really? Ask the parents of the children killed at Sandy Hook?

First of all, Scalise was not shot in the head and was able to return to work. He is still on the job today. Gifford has a severe brain injury and can no longer work. If Scalise had reacted the same way as Gifford and become pro gun control, would he have gotten re-elected? They are not similar in their outcomes. If you want to compare similarities, compare her to James Brady. Secondly, how is it anymore of an exploitation than say a person who had never even thought about cancer research and then they or a loved one gets cancer and they become all about cancer research.

Everyone reacts differently. I don't know how I would react in that situation. No one does until it happens to them. I disagree with them and I will vote against them but I don't hate these people and I certainly don't consider them my enemy. I feel sorry for them.

"I disagree with them and I will vote against them" - works for me

The nice former Congress lady, Gabrielle, from Arizona, remains actively working in politics with her husband, U.S. Navy Captain & astronaut Mark Kelley (D) in an effort to capture the U.S. Senate seat in Arizona. Gabrielle, who displays her sad condition, is utilized by Mark to attract those voters who are sympathetic to victims of gun violence. This normalizes and makes more acceptable, accelerated gun control, supported by husband Mark, a U.S. Navy Captain (military) and astronaut. This certainly, measures up to exploitation of an attack by an evil lunatic criminal

Steve Scalise, a conservative Republican, has never waivered on his support of our Second Amendment despite suffering from horrible injuries.

Cancer has no connection with gun control.

Montana Governor Steve Bullock (D) has served his last term as governor as per term limits in Montana. To many in Montana, Steve represents "Montana values" (including shooting deers with guns having wood stocks and the usual hunting stuff) and if elected senator Steve B would be an extension of senate minority leader Chuck Schumer (D), Chuck has a long history of very active anti gun activities.

Existing Montana law allows concealed carry outside of city limits. Steve B vetoed a bill that would have allowed "constitutional carry". Open carry is allowed.

I am a senior and since moving into Montana six years ago have been subjected to two instances of physical violence - an attempted home invasion and "road rage" - in both cases I was armed and prepared but fortunately did not need to shoot. My feeling is that, should something be in the works to happen any open carry would be the first target.

I sent governor Steve an email asking him to exercise his authority to issue an executive order to permit constitutional carry during COVID-19 restrictions. During the current COVID-19 situation being subjected to the usual extensive CCW process would be risky. Carrying a 1911 openly into our local super market would also be risky.

I expressed my concerns to Steve, I never received a response but instead received endless emails (blocked after first 10) that urged my support for Steve B's race for U.S. Senate and almost daily junk mail delivered via USPS.

I will vote to re-elect Senator Daines.

An AR15 (.223/5.56), although not my choice, would be reasonably effective on small deers provided it was deployed within its situational range capabilities with suitable bullets. No hunting stuff in the 2nd.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.