mono-pod?

Never used one, but I have seen lots of bad reviews, elevation adjustment is really slow and it isn't as steady as a bag according to users.

I have one that came on a used gun I bought. It is kinda okay but give me a bag any day.

I had one on my Remington LTR (.308). It worked OK when I was still teaching myself (by trial and error!) the in's & out's of varmint shooting. It certainly assisted in in taking magpies & rabbits out to 350 yards etc. But now this same rifle is a 6BR and I only use a rear bag. I think monopods are great on the range, but in the field a rear bag of practical size is better and faster; especially when you have a lot of other stuff to contend with when setting up for a shot (lazer distance, wind, angle, dialing it all into the scope, position, hold, etc). The Mono-pod I felt was a little fiddly. Where the rear bag is 'instant'.

....But I still have my mono-pod somewhere, and who knows I may use it again sometime, but probably only on the range.

I had one and only used it for a free hand handle when using a bipod, too slow to adjust for hunting situations. It didn't stay on very long, gave it away.

I owned AccuShot Monopod, and as other review here are ok for targeting. This AcuShoty Monopod is by far the best monopod from the market. Other brand names, are not as steady, you will have movements left-right on monopod internals.

About hunting .... can be ok, and is better then holding your rear stock rifle with a free hand.

I was using on 300 ultra magnum, and I shot animals past 600yards with it. I also busted rocks at 800yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.