MOLYFUSION TREATMENT

demarpaint

One of my coworkers who is also extremely interested in long range rifles asked me this question, and I told him I would get him an answer.

Its called a Molyfusion treatment, or kit, or something like that. Anyway its used to treat metal, and when applied to a rifle bore, (not the bullet), it reduces friction and reduces fouling. Sounds to me like BS, but before I give him my opinion, I thought I would ask if any of you ever tried it.

Some guys swear by Moly coated bullets, so I didn't want to pass judgment about something I know nothing about.

Once again thanks for the help!

Frank D

The sales guy was over on Brianenos.com pushing this stuff. It is primarily a handgun site. The guy couldn't give any solid evidence besides jimbob said it works great kind of thing. He was trying to claim that it altered the metal chemically in the barrel which gave it all its geewhiz improvements. Only problem is that several of the guys are engineers and called him on it. He went away mad.

Thanks clg9mm:

Sounds like Slick 50 for a barrel! My buddy was thinking it would cut cleaning time in half (wishful thinking!!!)

Frank D

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.