molly bullets and rust ?

kidcoltoutlaw

has anybody had a problem with molly bullets causing rust.is it truth or just bull.i hear that when molly mixes with water it will cause rust.i got news for you water a lone will cause rust,what about brakes they are hard to clean if you don't take them off.how about oil them good and store the gun muzzle down.lets hear from some shooters that use molly bullets,thanks,keith

I have run moly in about 8 barrels since 1997 and have not had one rust problem. I always leave my barrels with a good layer of solvent in them (not gun oil) and have never seen any sign of a problem, even when viewing the inside with a bore scope.

Some of the so-called tests that came up with this finding that I have read in the past have been very slap-dash and the results are meaningless. I have not heard a credible source supporting the moly-rust position.

Fergus

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.