MOH Winner and Most Decorated Soldier Dies

BountyHunter

AccurateShooter.com Daily Bulletin for Precision Shooters

Col Robert Howard died on 23 Dec. He was our nations most highly decorated soldier with 1 Medal of Honor (MOH) and 3 nominations for the MOH, 2 Distinguished Service Crosses, Silver Star, etc with 8 Purple Hearts for over 14 documented wounds. That is not counting the Red Chinese belt buckle that he had framed in his office. Was not given; but taken! :D

He was a true warrior and it was my privilege to work with and for him from 1981-1984 at JFKSWC at Fort Bragg.

Herman Harke (BountyHunter)
Maj (Ret) Special Forces

Last edited:
A greatful nation bids him farewell and heaven welcomes him home. May his soul rest in peace.

In recognition of those who served and died, on this Memorial Day I will resurrect this old thread with some pictures I took at the funeral.

ColHoward13.jpg

ColHoward5.jpg

ColHoward9.jpg

The Medal of Honor Flag

ColHoward6.jpg

ColHoward10.jpg

ColHoward18.jpg

CONTINUED

Continued

ColHoward19.jpg

There were 21 Congressional Medal of Honor receipts there and each placed a white rose on his casket.

ColHoward20.jpg

ColHoward21.jpg

And then just for me and my memories of another great man who I actually knew. My B-Team CO.

DSC00474.jpg

Thank you for remebering and sharing. Goes right to the core of me. Some of those Medal of Honor Men I know I've seen before in a documentary or two.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.