modifying brass to 28 nosler

The 30 Nosler is shorter so it is not possible to make 28 Nosler brass from 30 Nosler. You should be able to neck up 26 Nosler brass.

I use 26Nosler brass, neck it up in Redding carbide die, works like a charm! 30Nosler is short.

Can't get 28Nosler stamped brass if my life depended on it (I got 1 box ever), but 26Nos is always available and I have ample supply.

I almost want to build a 26 Nosler just because, barrel life be damned?!

I have only used 338 edge Bertram brass but, I found to be very strong and consistent. I wouldn't hesitate to try over Nosler brass. Just my opinion.

Grafs has 26 nosler brass on sale now at a pretty good price less than $2.00 apiece

I contacted Nosler at the end of June and they said they expect to start shipments to dealers in August so......keep checking w/ the dealers and maybe it will show up any day now.
I don't care for the wrong head stamp but I needed to send some non primed rounds to my Smith for the throat measure on my build so I purchased one box of 26s and K&M neck expanders. Ran them to .277 first then .284. Piece of cake.

"Any day now?", I get so tired of hearing that sequence of words.
comingsoon.jpg

Problem is Nosler and Bertram are the only games in town on this brass. You would think Nosler would have the fore sight to see this. And I'm sure that the munitions companies will suck up a lot of the production too.

Problem is Nosler and Bertram are the only games in town on this brass. You would think Nosler would have the fore sight to see this. And I'm sure that the munitions companies will suck up a lot of the production too.
I have made 26 and 33 nos out of RUM brass, which opens you up to norma, rem, nosler, bertram. The 26 is a bit of work in sizing down and neck trimming, but it can be done. 33N is fairly easy to form. Still not a ton of choices, but it gives a couple options.
I wish Lapua would make a rum case, still pretty much the best brass and I could form what I use from that.

ADG makes great brass and pretty easy to make it from 338 or 300 rum brass. But.... ADG confirmed on the phone that they will be dropping 28 Nosler brass at shot show 2019

I need some 28 nosler brass. Am i better off necking 26 nosler up or necking down 30 nosler?
and exactly how do I do it.
When I size 300 RUM brass up for my 338 Edge, I use a 338 Redding Taper Style button that is threaded onto the primer decapping rod. Maybe your brand of die has a taper die for this purpose
You install the brass in the press, and you only "short stroke" the press arm to run the mouth of the case the the taper sized die...and then release the arm...do not run the brass all the way up into the die...only the mouth of the brass runs up into the taper die and then back out
It literally takes 2 seconds to do 1 piece of brass...
Do it man!

[QUOTE = "jlvandersnick, post: 1470354, membro: 40932"] Ho bisogno di circa 28 nosler in ottone. Sto meglio controllando 26 nosler o annuendo 30 nosler?
e esattamente come lo faccio. [/ QUOTE]

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site. I write from Italy I made a cane Blaser R93 in 28 Nosler but I can not find the brass anymore. Who can have them in America? Thanks for your help
I'm writing to the forum but I can not make a new discussion thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.