Modifying a AR Bolt Carrier

RODSTRADLEY

Can not find a rt. side charging bolt carrier that suits me, that is not on this Galactic flu back order. I have built several but this is one I plan to pass down. Thinking about filling in the dust cover cut, grinding the sides down to eliminate forward assist cuts, flatten the rt side and maybe do the rails, etc. Afterwards send it to heat treat, do the spec. work, grinding, polishing and send it to get NiB Xed put it together and give it a shot! Cost one leftover carrier, heat treat and NiBx around 225, labor I work cheap at a friends shop. I know that this sounds crazy but one hell of a hobby ain't it. Any thoughts at all?

The 450BM sand camo, I built the trap door thatIi seen on the net but discontinued The bolt carrier is a slab side they called it but I drilled and taped it for the handle. The receivers I use are slick side then I mill the slot on them to length. The black Grendel you see the plug I made that just slips in, it is a lot better but don't loose it. I made a few lol

Attachments

• DSCN0466.JPG
    DSCN0466.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
  • DSCN0471.JPG
    DSCN0471.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 85
  • DSCN0473.JPG
    DSCN0473.JPG
    885.6 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN0474.JPG
    DSCN0474.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 80
  • DSCN0475.JPG
    DSCN0475.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
Have you looked at bear creek arsenal? I know they make and sell a bunch of different side chargers but not sure if that's what you're looking for.