modified Excel spreadsheet

Yup, it's around here somewhere...

I'm terrible busy with the Navy today and tomorrow, I'll dig it up and post it this weekend.

/r

David,

For $35.00 Exbal is setup to be transferable to Excel and is also the best program I have used thus far. The charts are copy and pastable too.

Attention Admins: Please Delete

Attention Admins: Please Delete

Last edited:
Sheldon will you send me a copy of the links too?
shocked.gif

All

Yes, I am the Dave King that worked on that spreadsheet. Peter Cronhelm initially had the ballistics portion on his website, I downloaded and I played with the thing to make it fit my/our desires (with the constant help of Peter Cronhelm).

It's free, have at it... Just give a little credit to the known designers.

It's certainly not perfect but allowed us to expand our own knowledge. The part that we installed that I'VE NEVER seen prior was the ability to enter GPS coordinates for Target Reference Point(s) (TRP) and the Final Firing Position (FFP). With this TRP and FFP info in the program and the selected wind speed and velocity at the FFP (sorry, only single vector winds) the program KNOWNS the distance, angle, wind correction and bearing to all the entered TPR's and displays the calculated windage and elevation values.

Sheldon

No, I'm not in Canada, I live in Maryland just a stone's throw away from the dreaded Washington DC area. Perhaps you'd be willing to trade Citizenship and homes
wink.gif
?

After reading over what I posted I guess it is difficult with the jargon.

What I was stating as apparently unique in the civilian arena (in my sphere of knowledge) is that once I know the position of all my targets (I obtain this by GPS) and I know my firing position the spreadsheet automatically knows ALL the Ranges, Angles and Wind Speed corrections to all entered targets.

I know this because of the GPS positions entered. Look around the room you are in now and imagine it as a large Prairie Dog town. As you move around the room the relative distance(s) between you and the objects changes BUT the objects themselves don't move. All I need to know to determine the distance, bearing and relative height to ALL the plotted objects in the room if your actual position in the room (or Prairie Dog town). Once I know where the shooter is and where all the targets are I can provide scope corrections via ballistic prediction's. The single vector wind part simple means that I can only figure a wind coming from one direction and at one speed.

There are certainly programs that can do all this and much better but I had never seen one (for a rifleman) and it was great fun and educational to build one.

I had intended to add a section that would allow the user to enter KNOWN (tested on location) and verified ballistic data and then offer an option between using predicted trajectory data or data extrapolated from KNOWN tests.

There are Rangefinder units available that offer distance, angle and bearing data. With this type of data a person could build a GPS coordinate map for targets without actually going to each target site. Just determine the firing position and then enter each target by back calculating the GPS position using the range, bearing and angle to the target. Not a difficult proposition...questionable usefulness but not technically difficult.

Again, this spreadsheet was built as a toy at the whim(s) of two people.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts