Model 70 magazine limitations

It's a very simple thing to do on the M70 or at least on mine. It's an EW as well. Mine is 264WM as stated previously but rebarreled in 8 twist w/ 0.165 freebore. When the Berger 156 came out is when I did mine. I needed the room for powder to make it effective. Some factory rifles can be a pain to do this but not this model. Went from 3.4 to 3.6 mag box. I like .025 off lands but I do own several more rifles that have to jump a lot that are shooters but not like this one. It was my personnal challenge and it worked and I'm happy it did ;)
How ?..............
Brownells has this in stock :

Last edited:
Wyatts is a great way, but it needs a gunsmith to do it. The other option was doing it your self.

I saw where you didn't have a follower. Have you checked Ebay ?
Thanks! I did! That's the wrong one. If you go for longer you will need the 300 WBY/375H&H follower. There are non existent. So you can modify an ultramag, or 300 WBY from a MK V WBY or someone on this thread suggested one from a Kimber
I modified the ultramag. I also have a real WBY I can modify

Thanks! I did! That's the wrong one. If you go for longer you will need the 300 WBY/375H&H follower. There are non existent. So you can modify an ultramag, or 300 WBY from a MK V WBY or someone on this thread suggested one from a Kimber
I modified the ultramag. I also have a real WBY I can modify
Reads like you should go into that business.

That means there is a need for the product and know-how. I know a few things about modifying Mausers and clones (Enfields) but that's it.
Maybe you should write a article !!!!!
I appreciate to confidence, but there are people here with far more experience. This was my first jump in the "deep end" learning to swim.
Enfield and Bren is what I had in boot camp a couple of lifetimes ago

I appreciate to confidence, but there are people here with far more experience. This was my first jump in the "deep end" learning to swim.
Enfield and Bren is what I had in boot camp a couple of lifetimes ago
Writing an article describing your experience would condense the info to one document, much easier to access .
Dad bought me my first '17 Enfield when I was 13. Still have it.

Writing an article describing your experience would condense the info to one document, much easier to access .
Dad bought me my first '17 Enfield when I was 13. Still have it.
I wish I had one. Is yours the two position rear sight or the flip up and adjustable for long range?
Are you by any chance in any of Commonwealth Countries? Would be typical for Enfield

I wish I had one. Is yours the two position rear sight or the flip up and adjustable for long range?
Are you by any chance in any of Commonwealth Countries? Would be typical for Enfield
USA , paid $26 at Sears. We Sporterized for easier kid carry . It HAD the flip up ladder rear sight, which is in a box with other removed parts.

Maybe you can find a follower easier if you look for a 300rum one? Should be 3.6" and those might be easier to source currently. Also check ebay