Model 70 CRF Re-barrel question

Okie Whitetail Hunter

I have a Model 70 CRF that I would like to have a Carbon Barrel installed on. I have experience with doing pre-fit barrels but no experience with this type of work. From my understanding this barrel would have a cone shape base that has a cutout on it. I would be sending to a gunsmith for sure and any recommendations on that would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone ever done this?
I apologize if my terminology is off a bit.

I have a Model 70 CRF that I would like to have a Carbon Barrel installed on. I have experience with doing pre-fit barrels but no experience with this type of work. From my understanding this barrel would have a cone shape base that has a cutout on it. I would be sending to a gunsmith for sure and any recommendations on that would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone ever done this?
I apologize if my terminology is off a bit.
You are correct. Cone shape with extractor cut. I've done it. Any equipped gunsmith can do it; ask them if they work on Model 70's much.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.