Model 70 220 swift

rickdavis81

Found a model 70 in 220 swift today. Had the hs precision stock and stainless bull barrel with blued receiver. I believe it's called the Heavy Varmint, and rightfully so. I tried negotiating on a whim but wasn't happy. But on the drive home it keeps nagging at me. I've never owned a swift. How many rounds is considered shot out? I've got the shop inquiring as to how many has been down the tube. Was the heavy varmint a shooter? Any other opinions or thoughts on the rifle or round are more than welcome

On a good day there is only a 75-125 FPS advantage of a swift over a 22/250. I'd buy a fast twist 26"bbl 22/250 over a Swift. In fact I just sold a 28" bbl swift,it was a shooter ,but it couldn't do anything my 12" twist 22/250 can't do with its 26" bbl.

The caliber comparison will turn out to be a matter of personal preference, but I can promise you, for the money you will never find a better shooting rifle than that particular model of Win.

Great rifle in a great cartridge. I will never be without a Swift. I have owned one since 1971. It still shoots very well. I just recently rebarreled it. The new modern powders have made the Swift amazing!

I have a M70 Heavy Varmint in 220 Swift that I bought new. It is an excellent shooter with Norma brass/AA 2700 and Hornady 53 gr Vmax.