Mod. 70 Timney trigger problem

jeffreykooken

I installed a Timney trigger on a post 64 Mod 70. Without any adjustments, the rifle will not cock. Is this problem solved by adjusting sear engagement, or over travel, or both. If both, in what order. Also, what magazine box would be needed for a M70 Sporter Magnum 300 WinMag. Like a dummy, I chose to glass bed this rifle at a busy time in my life, and lost or threw away all the trigger parts, pins, and mag box. I was able to replace most of it from Midwest Gun Works, but I'm having trouble figuring out which mag box to buy.

Timney will be the best bet for your question on the trigger.
The mag box you requure is a standard length for 300WM, nominally they measure 3.4" internally.
This is just a guess, but your trigger problem may be due to whether your rifle is a push feed or controlled round feed model, you might have the incorrect trigger assembly.

Cheers.
gun)

JK, Timney has install photo instructions online if that will help. Perhaps you can tell from the photos if you have the correct parts. Possibly check inletting for contact? There is also a phone #, they are excellent customer oriented people. I am very lucky, Timney is only 20 minutes from me and they have always helped with any problem or question. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.