Mod 70 Stock?

Randy Tidwell

I picked up a Model 70, 243 for my 12yo grandson. Looking to replace the stock with something lighter weight. I am big McMillian fan, but a 6 month lead time doesn't work for me.

Who's making a descent composite stock these days.

He is a big kid, so not looking for a youth stock, adult size will work fine.

I replace my injected moulded stocks with HS-Precision Sporter stocks for the Win Model 70's I build. They work very well with a lug bedding job and skimming front and rear. They have an integral bedding block as well.

Cheers.

I found that Midwest gun works carried some stocks for the model 70 and the FN bolt action from McMillan. They do have others as well. They have the A5 short action with the bottom metal for a DBM plus mags for $699. I have the A3 on mine currently. They also have Winchester stocks for cheaper than you will see at Winchester for the most part. Good luck

I picked up a Model 70, 243 for my 12yo grandson. Looking to replace the stock with something lighter weight. I am big McMillian fan, but a 6 month lead time doesn't work for me.

Who's making a descent composite stock these days.

He is a big kid, so not looking for a youth stock, adult size will work fine.
try H&S prec they do win 70 stocks I think there is a used one on e-bay right now

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.