Moar / moat-t

fisherman983

Anyone have both and prefer one over the other? Hunting applications only.
In the process of trying to purchase one and need to decide. I don't have any experience with the moar-t and don't want to choose a reticle that is too fine.

I have the MOAR-T and really like it, no issues with any colored background. My shooting buddy has the MOAR and it looks really thick to me but it's all what you' used. The illumination is better on the MOAR, it's just the center cross hair on the MOAR-T.

For hunting I think you will be fine either way. I bought an ATAC-R with the MOAR reticle and before mounting it, I traded it for the MOAR-T after comparing them side by side and am very happy that I did. It is on my hunting rifle.

Either will work. My preference for hunting is the MOAR for my hunting to 1200 yards, typically 400-800 yards. I find low light/shadowed acquisition is improved.

I have an NXS 8-32 with a MOAR-T and I have had no issues with the reticle being too thin for any hunting situation, both varmint and big game. Also I like the way that only the center crosshair illuminates, you are able to use it in low light situations and it is not busy or too bright.

I agree with most here. I have a moar-t and it's very similar to my vx6hd tmoa. The illumination on both makes low light a non issue.

I have both. If I was purchasing strictly for general hunting I would opt for moar. If you intend to use the illumination for "after" hours hunting ie hog hunting like in my case then the center only reticle works better for me. Shooting steel at longer ranges I prefer the -T.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts