MOA

SundanceKid

I'm new to this site and I see alot of pople talking about 0-25 MOA for scope mounts. Could someone explain what tis is? Thanks

I'm new to this site and I see alot of pople talking about 0-25 MOA for scope mounts. Could someone explain what tis is? Thanks

This refers to the base being canted inorder to allow more verticle adjustment in the scope for long range shooting. Example I use a 20 MOA canted base on my rifles

This refers to the base being canted inorder to allow more verticle adjustment in the scope for long range shooting. Example I use a 20 MOA canted base on my rifles

Last edited:
A circle has 360 degrees in it, each degree is divided into 60 equal parts called a Minute Of Angle. One minute of angle (MOA) is one sixtieth of one degree

Basic description is 1 minute of angle (moa) = 1 inch at 100 yards or 10 inches at 1000.

1 MOA is 1.0472 inches per 100 yards this is important to remember. Example let's say that we need 20 MOA of vertical correction at 1000 yards this means 20 X 1.0472 X 10 = 209.44 inches of corection. If your scope acctualy adjusts in IPHY (inches per hundred yards) then we have corrected for only 200 inches of verticule correction at 1000 yards a difference of 9.44 inches a very significant amount IMHO

Nov2020080827PMScreenHunter_.jpg

1 MOA is 1.0472 inches per 100 yards this is important to remember. Example let's say that we need 20 MOA of vertical correction at 1000 yards this means 20 X 1.0472 X 10 = 209.44 inches of corection. If your scope acctualy adjusts in IPHY (inches per hundred yards) then we have corrected for only 200 inches of verticule correction at 1000 yards a difference of 9.44 inches a very significant amount IMHO

So your saying my nightforces adjust in .25moa per click not a true moa, correct? So when I use exbal it need's to be set on IPHY correct????

So your saying my nightforces adjust in .25moa per click not a true moa, correct? So when I use exbal it need's to be set on IPHY correct????

No I did not say that. Nightforce does indeed adjust in true MOA. What is being said is that not all scopes do and it is impartant to know that.

I have a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50, does anyone know if this scope works in true MOA or IPHY? I read the book but don't remember it clearly defining the difference, but I do remember it referencing inches.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.