Moa Reticles

Wow!
Quite a debate or discussion here. Anyways here's my 2cents worth. Note I'm not a technical person. I don't have a LRF and probably never will, but you never know. My scopes are all mildot and from what I've read in several forums including three sniper forums both the mil and moa are used for ranging and holdover. I range and holdover all the time. Actually that's almost all I do. Don't dial in very often. Where I am it's all long range and so far with this method I've always had my prey in one shot from snow geese on the ground up to caribou. It can be very accurate as long as you take the time to no your stuff and practice. That goes for knowing the size of your target. The more your out there the easier it's going to be to guess the size of it. One thing I learnt was that when ranging at a longer distance the actual size is about double what it seams to be when looking through the scope. A couple weeks back with a friend we tried to range a rock in a lake from a mountain top. Hey that must be about 6". No way. After a miss and seeing how many mil I was off I then dialed in the differance and confirming with my mildot master it was actualy 12 " at 600 yrds. After that one shot and dead on. But for the prey here it's another story. Hare, snow geese, Canada geese, Swans, fox, Caribou I pretty well know all their sizes by heart. Weather a young one or adult.
As mentioned knowing your stuff. I've been up here for 18 years and when I had my dog team I had to get between 3-4 caribou a week just to feed them.
But hey this is my experience. Oh and I'm not in the military. Just a guy who loves to go out and do it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.