MOA-MILLS math questions

clemens

Read a post from poster past as it was called and it brought a couple questions to mind. Math questions actually. If you take 1.047x14 (for 1400yrds) to get 14moa how does that apply to shorter or uneven yardage? I.E say 450 or 468 etc.. or 950. Does one take and multiply 1.047x9.50 or 950. Do you convert the yards to MOA? 950 would be 9.50moa? If one has number of clicks required for a said range would that be for example 186clicks for 950 as 186/9.5 to get moa setting?

Mils? If one mil is 3.5 at 100yd is it 7mils at 200yd? There was a show on the history channel called snipers in the Crosshairs. In the program there was a shot at 600yds target was running. they said he had to lead target by 8ft saying had to lead him by 4mils, each mil was approx 2ft at 600yds. If any one can explain that part be most appreciated. I am sure its fairly simple equation but a lot of mil-dot explanations don't go into that much detail. now of course my math sucks anyway so I am ready for my whipping. Thanks gentleman for your help? Figure only way to learn is to ask.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.