MOA hash mark reticles - missing in action

No kidding. Just bought a.vortex PST with the EBR-1 reticle for an AR. Really like it

I have not looked into MRAD reticle's What are they like? How does it compare to MOA?

An MOA based reticle was $1250 minimum in 2010. Now they are $250. Not the same glass lol but still unbelievable. I started out with a Shepherd and counting fenceposts. Crazy age we live in.

I hear you there for sure. How did you like the Shepherd? I like the counting fence post!! LOL Thats great!

Well obviously you are a mil holdover guy. Different strokes for.different.folks

But don'the see how it.is.better. certainly not more.precise than dialing

A mil is 3.6 in. At 100 yards. At 1000 it's 3 feet!

Now your mil turrent is probably in 0.1 of a mil increments. Much more precise.

Hold over vs Dial argument is just.like FFP vs SFP whatever works for you.

This is why I do not like mill hash scopes... BUT that being said it can be just as good as dialing. IF the guy behind the scope does his part. At 900 yards my data calls for 20.29 MOA hold over. So I would use the 20 moa line and click the scope one time. (its a 1/4 click MOA scope) I would say that's just as good as clicking it for all 20.29 MOA called for.

Now that same data calls for 5.9 mills @ 900 yards. I would hold to the 5.5 mill line and click it 4 times. Being the scope would be a 1/10 of a mill per click. Should be by right just as good as clicking it for all 5.9 mills.

With this there is less wear on the scopes internal parts. and to me saves time for getting set up. But doing this means you have to keep your head on strait.

I do not use mill scopes.. Just MOA.

I liked my Shepherd because it was all there was really. No lasers, no real reticles. NOTHING. A ballistic app took a computer the size of a tennis court to calc. a shot. Rangefinding was looking at fences and section lines or running a 4 ft long optical rangefinder. Lot better nowadays lol.
Recently I have switched to a Burris Eliminator III. Glass sucks but I can engage 10 targets out to 1200 yds faster than I used to be able to make 1 700 yd shot.
Soon enough we will have scopes that do it all, the tech is there just need someone to combine it. Scope can read all weather, calc spindrift, Coriolis and wind at position and bang. Its even possible for a scope to read mirage to help with wind. The calculating power is there, its just a matter of time.

Of course I hope the batteries stay good.

I liked my Shepherd because it was all there was really. No lasers, no real reticles. NOTHING. A ballistic app took a computer the size of a tennis court to calc. a shot. Rangefinding was looking at fences and section lines or running a 4 ft long optical rangefinder. Lot better nowadays lol.
Recently I have switched to a Burris Eliminator III. Glass sucks but I can engage 10 targets out to 1200 yds faster than I used to be able to make 1 700 yd shot.
Soon enough we will have scopes that do it all, the tech is there just need someone to combine it. Scope can read all weather, calc spindrift, Coriolis and wind at position and bang. Its even possible for a scope to read mirage to help with wind. The calculating power is there, its just a matter of time.

Of course I hope the batteries stay good.

Years ago I almost bought a shepherd scope. I just was not sure about it. I thought the idea of circles to tell the range was nice. Not real precises but nice.

I think with your computer the size of a court room just dated you. :)

How far will the Burris Eliminator III range a Deer?

Yea all the technology is there for a scope you just said. Burris is one of the closest right now to having just that.

I don't like battery's. But where would we be without it???

Years ago I almost bought a shepherd scope. I just was not sure about it. I thought the idea of circles to tell the range was nice. Not real precises but nice.

I think with your computer the size of a court room just dated you. :)

How far will the Burris Eliminator III range a Deer?

Yea all the technology is there for a scope you just said. Burris is one of the closest right now to having just that.

I don't like battery's. But where would we be without it???
I get good returns on animals out to 1200 and 90 degree reflective stuff to 1500 ML.

Recent Posts