Moa at 300yd's question

You are in the ballpark and it likely all small tweaks to get things a bit tighter.
Play with seating depth (as mentioned).
H-1000 is pretty forgiving, but I would check your OCW tune if you have already done so.

What sort of gun weight are you working with?
About 8 lbs. just plan old M77 i bought around 28-30yrs. ago and have shot it ever since LOVE it i have been offered 750 $ for it i may be crazy but it is not for sale,when i shoot the barrel out i will replace it with something maybe better.

About 8 lbs. just plan old M77 i bought around 28-30yrs. ago and have shot it ever since LOVE it i have been offered 750 $ for it i may be crazy but it is not for sale,when i shoot the barrel out i will replace it with something maybe better.

Your friend was right.
I seriously doubt you can do much better....not that the rifle isn't capable of more, but think about this...8 pound rifle...4 pound trigger. The slightest error in your trigger pill and you will be all over the map.

Just shoot it and have fun!

Your friend was right.
I seriously doubt you can do much better....not that the rifle isn't capable of more, but think about this...8 pound rifle...4 pound trigger. The slightest error in your trigger pill and you will be all over the map.

Just shoot it and have fun!

It will shoot better, i haven't played with this Load much bigbuck say's it is good enough.
Trigger is 1 pound or less you can just about blow on it and it go off LOL!!

It will shoot better, i haven't played with this Load much bigbuck say's it is good enough.
Trigger is 1 pound or less you can just about blow on it and it go off LOL!!

I have a lot of rifles just like that one only custom built.
McMillan stocks, blueprinted Remington actions, match grade barrels, min spec reamers...Everything done that can be done...No expense spared.
They all shoot about 3/4 MOA.

Not that I don't get a lot of sub 1/2 MOA groups, but a few 1/2 MOA groups does not make a 1/2 MOA rifle. Show me 5-5shot groups at 300 yards that are 1/2 MOA and now we are talking...Good luck with that!

Shot at 500 yds sunday had a 8.5 inch group need to go back to work on it.
You can have a .25 inch gun at 100yds but if you cant keep a low exstreme spread on you velosity (not so ovious at 100yd.) and get a handle on your wind, a cool handed shooter with a 1" gun will shoot circles around you at longer ranges . Im not jerking your chain I had to learn this my self , a rifle capable .75 groups is plenty accurate for 1k work on big game. Groups open up at range more than there 100 yd MOA would suggest, due to factors that have to be controled (trigger control , consistant form ) and those that we can only deal and compinsate for (wind , mirage , magnus effect, ect. ) So shoot shoot and read alot on the subject of longrange shooting then shoot some more. Accuracy and Precision for long range shooting By Bryan Lytz is a eye opener. good luck dont give up.

If you are shooting a factory gun that's good shooting. If you are shooting custom gun and working the load you may only want to neck size and play with load. That's still a good group at 400 yards. Your shooting .88 at 300yards and if that's factory that's good. Custom triggers with around 1lb pull will tighten your shoot group if using bipod or sled on front and you need a sand bag on rear of your weapon.. Sounds as you are already a good shooter. What weapon and load are you using? Keep putting them down range at 400 with good optics and a clean gun and you will get tighter groups.
gun)

If you are shooting a factory gun that's good shooting. If you are shooting custom gun and working the load you may only want to neck size and play with load. That's still a good group at 400 yards. Your shooting .88 at 300yards and if that's factory that's good. Custom triggers with around 1lb pull will tighten your shoot group if using bipod or sled on front and you need a sand bag on rear of your weapon.. Sounds as you are already a good shooter. What weapon and load are you using? Keep putting them down range at 400 with good optics and a clean gun and you will get tighter groups.
gun)
7mmRem Mag Ruger m77 3x9x40 Charles Daily scope H1000 68gr. Federal Gold match primers 150 gr. Sierra Match King's

The gun is fine. Keep practicing. Most of the variation is probably you. Make sure your setup and technique are perfect.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.