mn

Boyd

Your on your way.

You will sooner or later get a set of big eyes to mount on one of those tripods.

Maybe a set of Bushnell 60MM in an adjustable bracket (just sold one) and 22X Wide angle is what many long gunners use.
Regular Binoculars are not as comfortable to your eyes when your out spotting all day and looking hard in the PA mountain laural.

As long as you have the distance available in your scope adjustment, your on your way.
Now get a hunting partner to help you locate the game and spot shots and you will do just fine. Keep practicing spinning the knobs on that scope and make sure it returns to zero EACH time. Your 100 yard zero and knowing the clicks to the intended target is the key.
A good rangefinder is a must also.
I thought you came to Williamsport and got a Barr and Stroud from Lowell???
Maybe I'm thinking of another fellow in Lockhaven. My hunting partner lives in Castanea which is right there beside Lockhaven.
The Barr and Stroud would be a good investment about now. The price seems to be down.

Good luck and good shooting.

Darryl Cassel

PS---Did you say you had 300 1/8th min Clicks from a 100 Yard zero? If so, was that a .020" or .030" tapored base you put on or did you use the Burris Sight-a-line rings with the .020" inserts?

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

I wanted to get the space master's but I was told by a guy at the range the other day that it is very hard to find eye peices for them.Is that true?I have 37.5 moa of adjustment witch should get me out to 1250 with a few click's left over.There is only one place that I might go where I might get a shot over 1000 yard's.Up above Renovo.I WILL NOT attempt a shot that far until I get a Better range finder.I have gotten reading's over 1000 with my Bushnell but I am not sure if it or me for that matter are relieable enough to shoot that far yet.I have hit rock's about the size of a poster out to 950 yard's.I got a ground hog at 705 a few week's ago.The scope away's goes back to zero.I have went to the range and shot a shot and crank it up 20 moa then back down and shoot another shot and so on and alway's goes back.Shot a three shot group the other day at .337 doing that.I have'nt made it to Williamsport yet.I hope to make it on the 6th of october.I would really like to give it a shot and meet you and every body else.I have alot to learn.

Hello again

Yes, you are correct about the "Bushnell" eyepieces. We have found that Kowa screw in type and Swifts are making 22 WA that fit the 60MM Spacemasters if you can find any of them. They have discontinued the 60MM and will be coming out with something else.
That's really a shame because the Spacemaster are the BEST setup for the money there ever was.
I put together about 40 sets of them for guys over the years.
Just sold one at last weekends match to a shooter and he likes them a lot.
I run into them from time to time and will keep you posted if and when I do.

Later
Darryl Cassel

Yes I have the one's with the insert's.I am using the .020's.I only had to use 8 click's from the bottom to get a 100 yard zero.I am coming down to shoot on the 6th and 7th.The guy I'm coming with(Butch Keen)is gonna meet a guy there who has a video of some long range hunting.Butch is making one that should be out around February.Should be pretty good.I will look you up when I get there.

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.