MN tag

I am planning on hunting in the little fork area. I have bear hunted there and have seen and heard wolves there. I am going to use an AR10 in 260 rem, and a Savage 110 in 7STW. I am not sure on the baiting I have access to pig hearts, lives and fat.

LOL anyone see the latest tree hugger sign in Rogers MN right off interstate 94??
I was swinging into Cabalas and seen it. Its a picture of a wolf in a foothold trap and there cryn about how its inhuman. I got a chuckle.:D

LOL anyone see the latest tree hugger sign in Rogers MN right off interstate 94??
I was swinging into Cabalas and seen it. Its a picture of a wolf in a foothold trap and there cryn about how its inhuman. I got a chuckle.:D

I drive for Long Haul trucking outa Albertville, see it everytime....

What good is an anti sign going to do outside of where a hunter go's to get his ammo. The antis just won't get it. Just check out the Facebook page's; Wisconsin Wolf hunting, Minnesota wolf hunting, Support the Minnesota Wolf hunt and Fired-up! (People for managment of wolves in the west). They have been all over these pages. Like I told one of them "Why don't we live trap a pack and let them go outside your house. Then you can go out and feed them. Let me know how that go's!"

What good is an anti sign going to do outside of where a hunter go's to get his ammo. The antis just won't get it. Just check out the Facebook page's; Wisconsin Wolf hunting, Minnesota wolf hunting, Support the Minnesota Wolf hunt and Fired-up! (People for managment of wolves in the west). They have been all over these pages. Like I told one of them "Why don't we live trap a pack and let them go outside your house. Then you can go out and feed them. Let me know how that go's!"

Nice....just live trap one and let it loose in their fancy gated community....

Find Recent tracks in areas you have access to. Use the Howler to locate, also on a drag string, use a coyote / wolf attractor scent from Minnesota Trapline Supply. Use it on locations where trails cross and scent the areas. It will help to bring them in as they think another wolf has invaded their territory. O'Gorman's in Broadus Mt has great scents also. They have no website. Good luck. My family has a cabin remote in N Minn off the Echo Trail, lots of wolves up there forever. Id love to come back and hunt there sometime. LAst year at Xmas, I was back there and wolf sign was within 50 yards of the cabin.

I don't get to hunt that area I have to stay west of Bagley and Grygla in zone B. I have been out howling in areas that have tracks with no sucess.

Just got my call tonight played with it alittle. did some scouting on saturday no tracks but my grand farther has seen one three weeks ago where i was scouting.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.