MN tag

serpent71

I got one and would like some tips. i have only seen two in my life in the wild.
i have some lines on people seeing them but not sure how to go about it.

I got one and would like some tips. i have only seen two in my life in the wild.
i have some lines on people seeing them but not sure how to go about it.

I know this is old and im on my phone so i cant see where your at in mn but i saw two on hwy 53 bout 20 miles south of Eveleth Tuesday mornin.....big ones too....

Although I have no experience hunting wolves, I am plannig on getting up very early and using the locator siren on my caller to locate them. After I get a location, I am going to move that way and set up and coyote howl to them.

I got my tag and have been out doing some tracking to make sure they are around my hunting area. I figure that you got to start some where. I also plan on taking my Wolf Howler out and seeing if I get a response. I dont start till Nov. 24th so I have awhile and have been stocking my new freezer with roadkill deer. Just call your local DNR officer. Ours is pretty easy going over here on the northwest side of Minnesota.

i have two spots that one has been seen. My grandfather just saw one two sundays ago. I too am going with howling and then some distressed deer call. Read a good article online form a fed trapper. If i can find it again ill post it. But he said they are territorial and play on that. If you find them and can see them b4 they see you your chance are good

I have a wolf howler from Cabelas $39.99 it gets my dog howling:). I also made a e-caller for about $40 from parts at radio shack and mounted it in an ammo box works great (if intrested in the parts list let me know). They say if you use a coyote call they will come in to that to or just make a barking noise. I was told that if you freeze bait on a lake and play the wind sitting 50-100 yards that works too. I am in the Bemidji area. How about you guys?

i have early season and i am in backus area but my grand farther is by longville thats where i am going to start hunting . ill have to look at cabelas for that.

Options are limited they only sell one Wolf Howler there. Here is the Youtube link to this call its pretty cool just to watch. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwB_3kqpJG8]The Wolf Pack Calling System # 407 - YouTube[/ame] Good luck and be sure to share how it go's.

I looked to not sure why its not listed online. Just need to call them to see if they have it, but I know Grand Forks Cabelas has it thats where I bought mine.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.