mk4 vs. 4200

shooterpunk2

I think I have narrowed down my scope selection to either the Leupold Mk4 4.5-14x40 with target turrets or the Bushnell 4200 6-24x50 tactical. I like that the leupold has the double the adjustment, but i like that the 4200 is a 50mm bell (better light gathering im assuming) and exposed turrets. Which do you think would be a better option for longish range hunting? The scope will be going on my Savage 110fp 300 mag. Also is there a different scope you would recommend in the $600 range? Thanks guys!

If you aren't in a rush to buy your optics you should give the Wonder Optics Tactical scope in 4-14x50 a good hard look everything you want in a scope assembled here in the USA and the owner is a great gentleman to deal and talk with Mat Wonders 1-918-527-2407.
I'm testing one of his first run ones now and so far everything is great.
Platform for first round of testing is a Rem. 7oo AWR in 338 Win. Mag.
The e-mail is info @ sightwonders.com

gun)

Lifetime with no hesitation he will take the scope back and fix or replace it as customer satisfaction is one of his top Priorities along with producing a great product ! Give him a call and look at his web. site .

gun)

I would also consider the Clearidge Ultra XP5 4.5-22.5x50. You can see a couple reviews here on Longrangehunting. YOu will find them under the search.

I just looked at the Clearidge Ultra. It's a 30mm tube with only 48moa total adjustment. I've seen 1" tubes with more adjustment than that. How can the big tube have such little adjustment?

I just looked at them too. the 2.5-12.5 have 90, which is good. Ill look at them a little more but i think i am leaning towards the mk4

I don't know about the other scope all I know is that the Wonder Optics have 75-80 MOA adjustment and everything else is top quality! What I can tell you though is that the Leupold is about $185.00 to produce and it's not made in the USA ! You take it from there sometimes you don't get what you pay for !

gun)

after reading about the wonder optics, i may wait till they work on a few things. Ive only ever heard good things about the mark 4's, so im not too worried about it, and if its a quality optic, i dont care where its made.

My experience with the 4200 is that it's great for conventional shooting, but lacks the elevation adjustment for 1000+ shooting.

that is true, i hear it only has about 44moa, but with a 20moa base, and me shooting a 300 mag, i think 1000 will be no problem

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.