MK 12 Mod 0

**** 10lbs all that and a loaded gun! thats pretty good, especially with that swan rail.

My 18" "SPR" build is just shy of 9.5 lbs loaded, with a Vortex Viper HS-T, and a pretty clonky *** semi quad rail that I cant wait to get rid off, It is like 17 ounces and its only 9" thats not counting the massive proprietary barrel nut.

I am going to replace it with the Troy Alpha rail I have on my ultralight build,
Im going to replace it with the BCM KMR rail eventually, and cut a good chunk of weight off of two guns.

But Its good to know that 10lbs with a bipod and a full mag is the number to beat.

I think the Carbon PRI forearm really helps with the weight on the Mod O.

Excellent they are the PRI forearm is not meant for extreme rough conditions it will crack the carbon...........hence the knight forearm on the MK 12 Mod 1

Not sure I would attribute the mod 1 going to KAS rail, trigger, target sights due to damage in use as much as KAS working the system to get their parts into the bin. Look at the 110, the SR25, etc in field use with KAS triggers, mags and sights and you will know what I mean. I won't bash their kit, but I won't give him my money either.

I didn't get wrapped up in the lower as guys used what they wanted with the upper.

I have two. One is a 18" WOA barreled with the PRI everything, SSA-E trigger, and currently wears a milspec carbine extension tube so my daughter can approach the scope. I added the PRI rail with the quick disconnect for a sling because I shoot it at NRA high power 600y midrange matches sometimes. I have decided to out a TSN01/with a Docter Optic 3moa up top. Still waiting on glass funds.

We built my 2nd one to the specs of a buddy of mine who was a team sergeant for years. Basically the same, but I dropped the backup sights, went with a low gas block and a 20" barrel, which his guys had. I also went with the Geissle match trigger and a B5 stock for hunting (position shooting) and an A2 for range shooting. Current scope is a 3.5x10M3. Looking for a 2.5-10x24 or 32 so the M3 can go back on another rifle.

The AEM5 is a pretty nice piece. Got my stamp a week ago. Makes shooting both easily doable without plugs. I put 100 rounds through it on the 20" to check POI shift and grouping with 77s, 69s and 55gr FBVs. The 69SMK had the least POI shift, the 77s will clean a MR52 out if a sling. It's going after dogs in the next couple weeks.

Double tap so I'll put a pic here... 20" on left, 18" on right.

Some may notice the can is closer to the gas block on the 18" normal. We moved the collar back and trimmed it to get 8 full turns on the suppressor. After talking with Ron Allen we took his advice and got 6-8 turns of engagement on each rifle, then trimmed the crowns back to sit flush with the brake chamber.

20" was socom black when it was 24" (another test) but wears a glass bead finish that will hold whatever paint I need where we're hunting. 18" is just polished.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1421797092076.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1421797092076.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 96
  • PhotoGrid_1421797374550.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1421797374550.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Looks good fellas! I opted to go with the mk12 mod 1 after reading the book Lone Survivor when on a deployment. Something about that rifle taking all that thrashing and still holding up, plus i wanted a shorter length AR for coyote hunting.

The upper was built by HCS. The can is from Ron Allen at Allen Enginieering. He is the man and has always been the drive behind Ops Inc's glory.

2w4igsp.jpg

This was a group at 600yds about a month ago.

My MK 12 is done except for AEM5 can

I went with the USMC Vltor A5 EMod stock/extension/buffer setup but with a Green Spring.

A lot of Mod 0 reported having cracked forearms.......thus the Mod 1 was born with Knight forearms

Me I like the Mod 0

Another mod was the knight 2 stage trigger was replaced with the SSA trigger by SOPMOD due to AD in a Vehicle by SF

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 108
I prefer the PRI free float tube over the Knights Armament Forearm as well, I just dont like quad rails at all. They are way too heavy and are really not all that useful, yeah you have alot of modularity but I can do the same thing with a Troy Alpha Rail, and actually have more options.

I really like the Mk12 Mod 0 and would like to build one but I dont think I could stick with the straight military "blueprint" for it. I would want to change certain things out.

I like the PRI forearm better too..........

My BCG on my MK 12 is a M16 carrier

I went with a Shilo Relible bolt and upgraded the extractor spring with a 5 coil with black insert buffer. Upgraded the injector spring with one from Tactical springs .com and a Titamiun firing pin
Installed a POF roller cam pin kit.........and had the BCG WMD coated with NB.

She will run dry.......:).

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.