MK 12 Mod 0

alaska

Almost finished my MK 12 Mod 0 SPR

Still need to get my Can and Docter sight and mount.

After 1 1/2 years getting parts...........almost finished!

:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 560
SWEET! I see the term SPR thrown around alot mostly people think any 18" barreled AR with a free float handguard is an SPR, Ive even been guilty of reffering to my 18" match barreled AR as a "SPR" , but I always put it in quotes and make sure to say no its not a Colt upper and a Douglas Barrel with the PRI free float tube and SWAN rail.

But that looks like the real deal, and man is it sweet, Id love to see an update on accuracy, and some better pics

I followed SOPMOD crane list for the mk 12 mod 0
I used a Vltor A5 extension and CS buffer spring

And The MK 18 bolt enhancement kit

Dangit I just ruined my keyboard with a puddle of drool.
Jeez thats one sweet setup, you may be able to get a slightly more accurate gun with other parts, but I dont think you can get one that is any cooler. Something about a true to spec Mk12 is just so dang appealing.

Like I said some better pics of it would be nice, Especially when you get that OPS inc suppressor for it. Also you should send me the gun so I can give it my proffesional opinion of how great it is :) turnaround time on that service is about 10 months and I will waive the standard fee :D

It's in the mail

Thanks for all the compliments I bought it one piece at a time......just like the Johnny Cash song but it did cost a dime or 2

Fed pulled the License from Ops Inc to sell supp.

They did not build them anyway ........Allen Eng.......Built the Ops Inc Supp....for them.

I just ordered my Docter Sight from SWFA to mount above the Scope on the American Defense Mount

I used the SSA-E trigger instead of the Knight 2 stage

And used the LMT SOPMOD stock instead of the Crane buttstock

Everything else is MK 12 Mod 0 is Crane specific..like I said before modified the bolt to Crane MK 18 standards.

Last edited:
"its in the mail" Sweet I will be sure to give it a fair and honest assesment (freakin awesome) , the woman will be sleeping on the couch, and ill clean any and all drool off of it :)

The stock and the trigger arent a super critical thing to me, there are so many variations in the military models, and i wouldnt be suprised to see some end user mods with furniture in SF circles.
At its heart its a Mk12 and its simply a MOD "yours"
Also what scope did go with?

For scope the Leupold TS-30 A2 or 2.5 x8 that went on the MK 12 Mod 1

the Army SF uses SSA triggers

Also used the Vltor A5 extension so I could use the rifle buffer spring but still have a Colt A2 stock at hand

SOPMOD teams were attached to SOF bases for weapons enhancements and other equip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Leupold TS 30 A2

This is my scope leupold Mark 4 2.5 x 8 TS 30 A2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 134
She is finished
Now I have to deside if I want the AE suppressor

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 130
my lastest Mods

M16 Carrier sent WMD for finish
Sharps Relible Bolt
Mcfarland One Piece Gas Ring
5 Coil Extractor Spring with Black Insert
Titamiun firing Pin
POF Roller Cam pin

Colt Upper Receiver
Douglas Prem Barrel 1-7 By Compass Lake MK 12
PRI front Sight Folding Gas Block
Ops Inc Muzzle Brake and Collar
ARMS 40 LP SP rear sight
PRI full Rail SPR
ARMS 44 Med QD scope rings
Docter Mini Red Dot on American Defense Mount
Leupold MK 4 TS 30 2.5x8 Scope
Colt Lower with Geissel SSA-E trigger
Vltor A5 EMod stock with A5 Extension 7 point settings
Tubbs Flat Wire Buffer Spring
Harris Bipod with podloc
Ergo Grip
PRI gas Buster Military Latch charging handle
PRI Gen 2 black Carbon Rifle forearm

Last edited:
Thanks for getting back to me is, that 10lbs with the bipod, mini reflex sight and everything else or is it 10lbs "naked" (just scope and full magazine)

And by the way, I know Ive said it but will say it again SWEET RIFLE!

Thanks for getting back to me is, that 10lbs with the bipod, mini reflex sight and everything else or is it 10lbs "naked" (just scope and full magazine)

And by the way, I know Ive said it but will say it again SWEET RIFLE!

Thank you
That is battle weight 10lbs
The gas port is crane standard .102" so I can use a can......but makes recoil super soft.
Now I just need to get my AEM5 can.

The trigger is big plus .......these were originally SPR but Operators put them on m4 lowers to get the burst. But the triggers sucked ........they later came out with the MK 12 mod 0 with a Knight 2 stage trigger but they had a AD and SOPMOD went to SSA triggers. The two main components to me are the douglas barrel and the SSA trigger super sweet. With the addition of a can it even shoots better changing the Harmornics of the barrel.

Frank White of Compass lake Eng done my barrel ......."from Douglas
I shoot mostly 24.1 of TAC with 77 gr Sierra with CCI 41 in LC brass
Sierra just started making a Tipped MK 77gr........should be supper but my scope dope is with regular MK......oh Well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 147
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.