Mitutoyo Calipers worth it?

Thanks, i will send them an email now.

have you tried rezeroing the caliper after taking the battery out and then replacing it again? The head is working fine as it reads OK up to about 3.8". They either work or don't work. It almost acts like you have a grid line malfunction, or the zero point is to close to the other grid line. That being the case they'll have to adjust it, by simply moving it in one direction or the other (don't try this at home). Kind of a rare thing for a digital caliper! It could also be that somehow the reader head has become cocked a little bit. When this happens the error will stack up between the grid lines to the point that it jumps a grid.
gary

Typical electronics. I keep my analong calipers. They never take a poop.:)

Sounds to me like encoder issues. I'm sure they will replace it.

Mitutoyo take care of you? Always like to hear how manufacturers take care of issues (or do not). A forum like this helps to multiply the cause/effect of their service (or lack thereof).

Let us know

I'd gibe them a call, it's not like you paid 1000 for the product.
It shouldnt matter if i paid $100 or $1000, take care of your customers. They did get back to me though and said to send it in for repair to either their plant in Illinois or California, as there is a 1 year warranty.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.