Mississippi Shooters

MSLRHunter

Just checking to see if there are any long range enthusiasts in MS, or south TN or west AL? Would love to be able to get together with some local guys and do some shooting. I know there are a few guys on here that live in MS but I don't know what part of the state. I am looking for a way to get involved in some long range shooting, maybe some competitions, and good places to shoot.

Greetings, I do not have a place to shoot. But I am wanting to. I have shot my 300 win mag at 1000 yds in OK, I have a 300RUM and just purchased a 338 EDGE, that I have not had a chance to shoot yet. I would be interested in know where there might be long range compition around close. I'm in Columbus Ms.

How's it going fellas? There are a couple of us in Central MS, that shoot F-Class. There are a few ranges spread throughout the state, Pascagoula and in Bogue Chitto. I have access to family land that we shoot up to 1200 yds. We usually dont shoot our 1200 yd area until after turkey season, but we will shoot our 600 yd range any weekend( weather permitting) and if we are not at a match.

I'm not from Mississippi but pass through on I-10 and Pascagoula regularly. Here's a link to the Pascagoula Shooting Club, they have a 1,000 Yard range.

Pascagoula Shooting Club

Last edited:
I'm between Jackson and Hattiesburg in Magee on highway 49.

Hunter19... once I get my rifle built I'de like to come out and shoot with you guys some! I'm new to this long range stuff but I want to get into this stuff for sure. I guess you know Eddiebo? He isnt far from Bogue Chitto. I go through there heading to work(offshore), I pick up a buddy in Brookhaven on the way.

Yeah I know him, he is the one that got me into this longrange stuff. I am actually headed down his way Sunday, so he can inlet a stock for a 6x47 of mine. What are you building? You are more than welcome to come and shoot with us when we shoot. Zack(Eddybo's Cousin) and I actually shot today. I will PM you with my contact info.

its gunna be a 300 RUM, Billy Tierce will probably be helping me with it... I'm torn between the a stiller lawton or maybe the aps raptor actions... cant make up my mind, a3 stock, jewel trigger,probably going with a kreiger, some mounts, and top it off w/ a victory diavari illum reticle. I'm building it for somewhat of a hunting rig. I had a sandero 7mmRUM topped with a victory diavari non illum reticle and that rig got stolen... im still sick about that one.

Joshua99ta, that's alot of gun and scope to get stolen. Tough break sorry to hear that. How'd it get stolen...any chance of recovering?

my house was broken into back on Halloween morning. I doubt it will ever be recovered man. I wish it would be but I doubt it.

Man I hate to hear that. Billy is a great guy and good at what he does. I have a 7mmRUM topped off with VXIII 8.5-25x50 LR built by Don Geraci, it will shoot some awesome groups at longrange. Im about to part ways with it, you could call it a safe queen.

I'm a MS shooter. I shoot with hunter19 around Jackson and then with Eddybo down south MS. Ready for Bogue Chitto F-class this year. It should be fun...

I think you need to trade that 7rum for my 300 win mag I am going to sell...

DoubleG

I drug my old rifle everywhere with me! lol the next rifle will be used more for taking it to cut overs and pipelines to take some longer shots, and I'll probably drag the BAR 30-06 around in the woods... I also want to pick up a 22-250 for some shorter-300 yard hunting and plinking

Sounds like ya'll have a pretty good group of LR shooters in south MS. For some reason it doesn't seem to have caught on as well up here in north MS, which is strange considering all of the agriculture up here and the potential for some really long range shots. I may just have to load up one day and head south.

MSLRHUNTER: DoubleGobble and I are located in central MS around the reservoir area. Anytime that we are gonna shoot, you are more than welcome to come and sling some lead. We shoot on my families land. But we also head south anytime we get a chance.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.