Minox BV 8x42 BR Arctic Hunter Review

okgobbler

Ordered these binoculars "Minox BV 8x42 BR Arctic Hunter" from Doug at Cameraland for $150 and I am very pleased.

Testing has been limited but initial response is very positive. My main use will be deer hunting from 0-600 yds. I just stepped out the back door 30 minutes after official sunset and could still see clearly at 200+. We can hunt until 30 minutes after official sunset, so that was my primary objective. I also held up a burris ffII 4.5-14x42 and these binoculars were clearer than the scope at 8 power and about the same or a little better at 4.5. I have 4 of the ffII's are working great for my hunting. I've never not been able to take a shot because it wasn't gathering enough light.

I know these minox's and burris ffII's may not be up to some people's standards, but I am pleased and expect many deer to fall with them in the field.

By the way, I also considered the monarch atb and the vortex diamondback's, but Doug recommended these to be a better value for the price.

Glad to hear it. Hope you enjoy them and have many successful hunts with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.