Minox Binoculars good glass or what?

Well, I got em. Just spent the last 1/2 hour with them mounted on a tripod looking at the mountains that are about 3 miles from the house. To say that I'm happy with them would be an understatement, but for the price, I'm flat out in awe. Now, today is bright and sunny and the slopes I'm looking at are in full light, so, while the view through the glass really pops, I'll have to wait for twilight or evening or a cloudy day to really put it through the paces.

Well MR Whipple I'll say you gottgya a good extra heavy duty pair of closeup binoculars:). I realy like mine. I can not say I will ever get to see those mountains your talking about, but I am sure those bino's do them justice. Here in FL. the closest thing to a mountain is an ant hill:rolleyes:. I wanted better glass to see up under the trees at the end of one of my food plots, where I made staging ground so the deer can feel safe early in the AM&PM befor entering the DEAD ZONE,AKA my food plotgun). I do think these Minox's will do the trick. The deer blend in this FL brush very well. I know their were deer under these trees many times last year. I could not see them at 400yds in low light with my 10X42's, and did not want to pull up my rifle without scarying the deer that were in the food plot. I know my NSX would see them but it would bee too much movement. If I see him first, he may not make it through this up coming season. Enjoy your new bino;s Bill Maylor.

If you think you could have seen them through you NXS, you'll see em through you minox.

My 8.5X52 minoxs are brighter than my nightforce nxs on 5.5x

NZP, You are right on the money. Their were evenings when I could not leave my stand until it was totaly dark , and after shooting hours I did look through the NXS and seen deer in the dark. NF is great! When their was a full moon I wood run off a few but had no choice. I was in despret need for better bino's. I have been concidering Minox for a while, they were affordable and the only bad thing anybody said that I read was that they were HEAVY. To me that was a non issue. The big three high end bino's are too over priced. If they werent they would sell alot more of them. Today I went to a local boat ramp and on the other side of the lake apx 900 to 1100yrds in lots of reflection from the lake I could see fishing line when the sun light hit it. These lenes filtered out the glair. I would say that was a pretty good test. It was very sunny in the panhandle today. Honestly I dont like when products are over priced just cause their good. In closing I will say MINOX makes very good glass, YES SR. Bill Maylor.

I have a pair of 15x58 MINOX ED binos, have used them for about three years. They have never given me a bit of problem, the are very clear and are excellent in low light. I have used them on Desert Big Horn and Coues deetr hunts and have not had any regrets. The Swaro 15x and Leica 10-15x Duovid's are better... but is an extra grand or two worth 3% performance difference? Not in my book. I've had kids in college too! NJS

I've been able to do some more glassing with these bins and they continue to impress me. They do perform very well in the low light conditions and they also penetrate the shadows after the morning sun is up and critters are bedded in the shade. For the type of work I do with glass these are going to shine and the spotting scope will only be pulled out to confirm headgear. I honestly believe that I'll be finding more game with these bins and love the fact that I don't feel all walleyed like I do with the spotter. I know I got more than my moneys worth with these.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts