Minimum scope power

Just don't think any cheap scope equals a Schmit, Swaro or Zeiss. I own plenty of all brands and there is a difference.
I agree 100% but for the OP and the general hunting community IMO there is no need to spend that kind of money on glass that will never will pushed to the limits of it's of it's cost, as seen in your photo, That's a beautiful rifle and I'm sure it shoots like a house on fire but It don't look like its seen much field use to me, I've been behind all the brands you have listed and more and if you can afford it more power to you and by all means have at it and no offense intended but I'll bet money that my "Cheap Scope" will do anything your Schmit Swaro or Ziess will do

All apologies to the OP, I did not mean to side track your thread, as I said before the scope you have will will just fine far what your wanting to do, As I have said many times before" We shot 10X scopes for a long time and a long way" Good Luck and once again, All Apologies

Sorry to the OP, couldn't resist. I think on this site we all look to the gucci stuff.

Your Leupy will work well.

When able compare to others, dial the turrets, try to use the reticle if they have one. I was sold on the NF after watching the video and their ruggedness, thought I would not do another brand. Then I looked through a Swaro. Recently purchased an older Bushnell DMR, great glass and they feel like tanks. Turrets are pretty good as well...with all the options out there, I really have to touch and see to compare, unfortunately, most shops don't have all in one place.

The comment about mirage is real in certain circumstances, but I have not had it personally in a hunting situation, been too cold during the hunting season. I would still stick to my original statement about mo is betta. If not needed you can dial it down. I have on a hot day at the range or if I let the barrel get a little hot from faster strings.

Just don't think any cheap scope equals a Schmit, Swaro or Zeiss. I own plenty of all brands and there is a difference.
In my opinion the z5 Swaro is way over rated after having four of them. The Leupold VX-6 and the Bushnell 6500 both have better glass. It is miniscule, but everyone who looked though mine at the optics chart 127 yards away agreed the Swaro came in last.

Lucas ole76, I typically don't chime in on these subjects because it's personal preference, however, I shoot a Rem 700 7mm Mag and use the Leupold VX6 4x24x52. I bought the increased power more to judge an animal (don't carry a spotting scope anymore) than to shoot on a much higher power. I find that in the field 18x is probably the highest power I could shoot something confidently. At 24x I can see my heartbeat😀. ( I don't use a bipod, I mostly shoot from my packframe)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts