Mini Palma Photos found!!

NesikaChad

I've only been looking for this **** disk for about four years! Finally stumbled onto it today.

Two of my favorite guns that I've built for someone. Did these as a pair back in 2001 for a gent down in AZ.

It was Christmas time, hence the paint choice! Nothing like being FESTIVE!!

These were done "old school". I had a 1947 J head Bridgeport and a Jett lathe that should have been turned into fish habitat long before I got a hold of it. started as flat top stocks and a box of parts. I layed that carbon in the barrel channel by making a casting mandrel and then grafting it to the barrel channel after I machined it. Fun stuff!

Miss those days sometimes. Anyone have any competitive smallbore guns they want built??!! I NEED a fix!!

Enjoy.

C

1911prone.jpg

1911prone1.jpg

1911prone2.jpg

1911prone7.jpg

54Prone.jpg

54prone2.jpg

Last edited:
Chad
These rifle are pieces of art. The fit and finish of your work that you post is perfect. If my rifle looks as good as these I may just hang it on the wall to look at!
Wes

Wow Chad! They look great. Almost makes me want to dig my old 1413 out of the back of safe and send it your way. But then I'd have to decide between three guns instead of just my 1813 and custom 52D in a anschutz prone stock. No, I'm set with a dedicated prone gun, dedicated position gun and a decent back up gun. But if I ever need to upgrade...

Nice looking rifles.

Gene

WOW, outstanding examples of fine craftsmanship. Call me crazy but, I love the color. Great lighting, every inch shines, great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.