Mini Arca Rail Install

Gstew1930

I'm looking to install a mini Arca rail on my AG Alpine hunter. Could anyone recommend a smith that could install this more me

You just need to install T nuts and then screw the rail on?

ETA If that is it then you can do that at home. Below is a video to install T Nuts. I am no craftsman but had no problem doing this on 4 stocks.

Last edited:
It's not hard at all. I was the same way but it's a small hole and then the countersink inside the barrel channel. Biggest thing is not to go too deep but it's pretty easy to figure after drilling the first hole.

You can find a smith to do it if you don't feel comfortable but just wanted to give you an option.

It's not hard at all. I was the same way but it's a small hole and then the countersink inside the barrel channel. Biggest thing is not to go too deep but it's pretty easy to figure after drilling the first hole.

You can find a smith to do it if you don't feel comfortable but just wanted to give you an option.
Yeah I appreciate that. I might give it a try, like I said I'm just nervous lol

Try it on a block of wood to get a feel for it. For the drilling and countersinking. If it feels ok then go for it. If not then I am sure you can find a local smith to do it.

I just did one on a Bell & Carlson stock. Regular bits and a 3/4" spade bit got it done. Had to sink that spade way in. Mine was set ip for a .500" stock thickness. I JB marine welded in the nuts, then filled the large holes with JB when done.