min/max Load for .338 lapua w/265 gr LRX bullets

AMarkL

I am new to this board and apologize if my question is redundant.
Does anyone have experience with this bullet. If so, would you be willing to share data you have compiled? I use Lapua brass, Fed 215 primers, and have several powders on hand: IMR 7828, VV N-160, 165, and 170, H1000, H US869, Re-22, 25, & Retumbo. .

The toll free number for Barnes is "off line" till Monday morning, and I would like to start before then.

Another question I would appreciate some help with: I have noticed that previousely loaded Ammo (loaded 2-3 years ago) when fired now is causing my bolt to be a little "sticky". It requires a little extra effort to lift the handle after firing. The ammunition was loaded under, roughly, the same ambient temperatures as fired. When I built this load several years ago I had "No" signs of high pressure or "sicky bolt". There are no other signs of high pressure now and the load is just as accurate as it was when first worked up. So,,,,,,my question is as follows: How concerned should I be?

I built this rifle about 10 years ago: 26" Krieger barrel, Sako action/McMillan stock

I would very much appreciate any experience based knowledge you would be willing to share.

Mark

Sorry to resurrect such an old post but I have been searching myself for data on the 265 gr LRX for use in my .338 Lapua without much luck.

I've got a bartein 28" barrel with the 9.5 twist.
Shoots the 300 scenars very well with 92 gr of H1000. Just looking for a hunting load (non-lead for CA) and the 265 gr LRXs looked pretty good. The hogdon data seems a bit low, maybe because of high pressures?

anyways, if anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it. thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.