milligan Brand outfitters NM

Whatever you do please do not book with Bugling Bulll outfitters. Father and son are a bunch of liars! A buddy of mine booked them last year at the Harrisburg Pa sports show. This was sadly my first elk hunt but was friends 25th. Almost everything they promise is a lie. From food to animals they supposedly kill. While on the hunt, Curtis (the boy) stole personal property from a land owner right in front of us. We did report when we got home to the New Mexico warden service. Might I add they did know the outfitter well by name! Curtis is very inexperienced at hunting elk and found out only later that farther does not even have a guide liscense. The entire experience was so bad we ended up leaving the hunt of a lifetime 3 days early!! Anyone that knows New Mexico knows that the Gila national forest lot 16c( if I'm remembering correct) is where everyone, even the locals put in for their entire lives for to pull a tag. Well that's where we were! It should have been amazing! If only we had chosen the right guide. Now the biggest kicker is that once we were home, Curtis began posting pictures on his Facebook page of the elk killed on the same week we were there guided by them. We were the only hunters with them. This year at the sports show, my buddy's brother found Bugling Bull outfitters and asked them if they knew "said friend". Curtis got excited and said "oh yeah, we had a great hunt" and proceeded to show pictures of the elk that he had killed! Neither of us even got to pull our bows back once. When friend told Curtis and his dad they were lying because it was his brother and he knew better, the dad said f**k you! Sorry to be so long but needed to put this out there so no one else wastes their hard earned money on these guys!!

I could have it wrong on the score but here is the pic. It's not wrong by much. I'd said it would qualify as decent.

Attachments

• 802BDEF5-86AA-49E5-8621-F3EC4E8BA736.png
    802BDEF5-86AA-49E5-8621-F3EC4E8BA736.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 485
At he was honest with so you know it's not the hunt your looking for.
I hunted with Ray in 2019 and quite honestly it may have been the worst hunting experience I've ever had. Hunt for an hour or two in the morning and the same in the evening. Small parcels and average bull taken amongst 20 hunters our week was approximately 260 inches. A "D"
class outfit who is simply looking for quantity not quality. Success rates are tied to small 2 and 3 year old bulls. STAY AWAY!

thinking of a hunt for next year with milligan brand outfitters charma NM
Ray milligan
Has anyone used them or have info on them
thanks
I hunted with Ray in 2019 and quite honestly it may have been the worst hunting experience I've ever had. Hunt for an hour or two in the morning and the same in the evening. Small parcels and average bull taken amongst 20 hunters our week was approximately 260 inches. A "D"
class outfit who is simply looking for quantity not quality. Success rates are tied to small 2 and 3 year old bulls. STAY AWAY!

Ask Mr. Milligan if he still requires you to shoot the first legal Bull you see. He told a hunter "There's your Bull" and he pointed to a raghorn. The hunter said he wanted to wait for something bigger. He then told the hunter "That's your Bull, he's legal-if you pass on him, your hunt is over".

Y'all are making me nervous! I have my first elk hunt booked with them October 4th-8th. Rifle of course, I hope we hunt hard but honestly I think I would be happy with anything above 280 with 300 being preferred

Your expectations are reasonable. Not sure which Ranch you will be hunting with them. I will be in the Chama area for my hunt which starts Oct 24th (Private Ranch). I spoke to my Outfitter a while back, and he said it has been very dry this season. The Ranch I hunt also runs cattle, and they had to move the cattle to another ranch (into Colorado) due to lack of water (rain) which means lack of grazing grass. Not a good sign for keeping Elk on the Ranch if they have no food or water.
Of course, no one has control over the weather and drought conditions and on a 5 day hunt, you have to get out there and hunt with no time to waste. They have been getting some rain up in the area over the last couple of weeks, let's hope it continues.
Keep a positive attitude, and if you have any issues with your guide when you talk with him about your expectations for your Bull, speak up with the outfitter before it ruins your hunt.

Last edited:
Y'all are making me nervous! I have my first elk hunt booked with them October 4th-8th. Rifle of course, I hope we hunt hard but honestly I think I would be happy with anything above 280 with 300 being preferred

Hunted with Milligan in 2019 and would not recommend them to anyone. One of the worst hunting outfitters I have ever seen. They are pillaging the resources of NM with little regard for property owners from which they lease property and zero regard for the neighbors property that they do not have leased. I have pictures of trash, broken chairs, and beer cans lying around the pine trees where we were going to ambush elk coming down to graze. No elk of course!!

Well guys just wanted to give an update on Milligan brand outfitter. Out of 11 guys 9 killed, 1 wounded a bull which counts as a kill "gut shot", and one wasn't able to shoot one "had physical limitations". I had an amazing week and was never pressured to shoot anything I didn't want too. However, a lot of hunter in camp killed smaller bulls. But for this outfitter and area of they were average bulls. I was lucky and able to kill a bull that would be on the upper end of what the outfitter normally kills. We did have a few problems in camp but nothing that wasn't solved or fixed. If anyone has questions on this outfitter please let me know and I'll try to help!
E0BFAC92-0B59-43E1-A1D9-C593DEAE3CDD.jpeg

Attachments

• 2BDC7991-103F-48F7-B424-2CB332A4D7D3.jpeg
    2BDC7991-103F-48F7-B424-2CB332A4D7D3.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 190
  • DDC9A80C-F2AD-4264-B076-3F4636D1333B.jpeg
    DDC9A80C-F2AD-4264-B076-3F4636D1333B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 176
  • 559EE7E3-3137-42DE-98D6-9CD0DDB667F7.jpeg
    559EE7E3-3137-42DE-98D6-9CD0DDB667F7.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 177