Millett Tactical TRS-1 4-16X50 scope

jhlobik

I've just tested Millett Tactical 4-16x50 scope on my Rem Sendero SFII 300 win mag. The scope is really a big bang for the money in my opinion. Clarity is acceptable, everything is nice and tight, clicks are sharp, built like a tank, and its the improved 2009 model with 1/4" clicks and some other minor improvements.
The issues I have is this. I've zeroed it in at 100 yards bullseye at 10X magnification with 150gr rem core-lockt. Then, with the same ammo, tried a 16X magnification at the same range just to check for consistency. And guess what, the point of impact moved about 2 inches up-left from the original. Or, about 2 inches 11 oclock.
I've heard that modern adjustable scopes do not move POI that much if at all. At least that's what I've been reading on the net. Maybe it depends on the scope quality and price.
Does anyone have any information on the subject ? opinion ? facts ?

I've zeroed it in at 100 yards bullseye at 10X magnification with 150gr rem core-lockt. Then, with the same ammo, tried a 16X magnification at the same range just to check for consistency. And guess what, the point of impact moved about 2 inches up-left from the original

Try walking it up and down the magnification range with 2 or 3 shots at each level and see if there's something consistent going on so you can separate ammo and shooter issues from scope issues. If you get a spiral or a diagonal line, you know it's a scope issue.

This is one of the many things you can check with a collimator/boresighter before you ever take a shot with a new scope. It takes about 10 seconds. Then you know what you have.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.