Millett or bushnell 3200??

tigmaned

i am thinking about either the bushnell elite 3200 series 10x or a Millett buck series 5-16 power tactical for the top of my 700spsv.. both are priced right around $200 give or take.

I have a new in box 3200 10X mill dot I would sell for 20% under what ever price you could find. I bought one and a week later another showed up? No charge was ever put on my account. I'm happy with mine it has clear glass holds zero and is easy to use. I just don't need two. Or I would trade for something of equal value?

Don't buy a Millett if you are serious about shooting. They have major quality control issues. My rifle went from shooting around .7 inch groups to 2 inch groups. I thought I had problems with the rifle. Switched out the scope. Fixed the problem. They also don't track consistently. The two I had moved POI after the 2nd shot. (Move the turrets 5 MOA and the shot stays with the original group. The next shot is the one that moves around 5 MOA.) I've heard lots of stories of similar problems. Mine were made in China. I got rid of both of them. I guess thats what you get for a $350 chinese scope.

If your budget is $200 spend an extra $50 and get a Nikon Buckmaster. You can find them online for around $250. They have good glass, side focus, they track well, and have good options for power and reticles (mil dot, Hunter Holdover, etc)
Western Shooter - Online Shooting Magazine: Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 SF - Scope Review

thanks for that info on milliett. over the weekend i went to a gun show in York pa and looked at alot of scopes. millett scopes i looked at well, the glass was a dissapointment at best! the Bushnell 3200 10x was o.k. only one i found at the show was on a 50cal! but i looked a few nikon monarch'sa and loved the light they gathered even in doors. for some reason i sold a older buckmaster i had??? but if i buy a nikon it will be a Monarch, there even better. but i did like Burris scopes too. did like the 3200 10x target style turrets!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.