Millett or bushnell 3200??

tigmaned

i am thinking about either the bushnell elite 3200 series 10x or a Millett buck series 5-16 power tactical for the top of my 700spsv.. both are priced right around $200 give or take.

hilltopper

I have a new in box 3200 10X mill dot I would sell for 20% under what ever price you could find. I bought one and a week later another showed up? No charge was ever put on my account. I'm happy with mine it has clear glass holds zero and is easy to use. I just don't need two. Or I would trade for something of equal value?

true1911

Don't buy a Millett if you are serious about shooting. They have major quality control issues. My rifle went from shooting around .7 inch groups to 2 inch groups. I thought I had problems with the rifle. Switched out the scope. Fixed the problem. They also don't track consistently. The two I had moved POI after the 2nd shot. (Move the turrets 5 MOA and the shot stays with the original group. The next shot is the one that moves around 5 MOA.) I've heard lots of stories of similar problems. Mine were made in China. I got rid of both of them. I guess thats what you get for a $350 chinese scope.

If your budget is $200 spend an extra $50 and get a Nikon Buckmaster. You can find them online for around $250. They have good glass, side focus, they track well, and have good options for power and reticles (mil dot, Hunter Holdover, etc)
Western Shooter - Online Shooting Magazine: Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 SF - Scope Review

tigmaned

thanks for that info on milliett. over the weekend i went to a gun show in York pa and looked at alot of scopes. millett scopes i looked at well, the glass was a dissapointment at best! the Bushnell 3200 10x was o.k. only one i found at the show was on a 50cal! but i looked a few nikon monarch'sa and loved the light they gathered even in doors. for some reason i sold a older buckmaster i had??? but if i buy a nikon it will be a Monarch, there even better. but i did like Burris scopes too. did like the 3200 10x target style turrets!

Last edited:

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce