Millett 6-25X56 30 mm Tube

Does anyone know if the duplex is fine enough for long range target work? This is just what I've been looking for to put on my 50 BMG since I won't have the funds for a nightforce for some time. Since it has a lifetime warranty I won't have to worry about it breaking. DO you guys think it will stand up to a 50? Also-- The mildots are sold out everywhere I found them online.

Yesterday I compared a $139.95 Millett Gold, 4x12 against a $439.95 Nikom Monarch, 4x12. Strange to say, the Millett looked to be the better scope. I do not have any optical equipment or training, Just my eyes with 20/20 vision.
Does anybody know where the 6x25x56 plex can be located. I am not sure I am interested in a mil-dot. the mil-dot master looks easy enough to understand, I'm just not sure I want one.

Halfbreed-- They are avialable grom Graf and Sons, also midway (they do not carry the mildot though). Graf carries the mildot version as well as the duplex. They (Graf) charges <$10 for the mildot upgrade. My concern was that the mil dot didn't have a fine enough crosshair. On the other hand the duplex is advertised as a "medium" which isn't appealing to myself--I want a fine crosshair. In the end you get what you pay for, that's why I just ordered a 5.5-22 Nightforce with NPR2 reticle. The foreigners can take their optics and stick them up thier a$$e$. They claim to have lifetime warranties but it's not worth ruining a good hunting trip over an optical malfunction becasuse you were too cheap. Just my .02....

MOA, I understand where you are coming from, and for the most part I agree. However I do not have the money for a nightforce. Due to a severe back injury, I have not been able to work for nearly 6 years. Maybe this Millett would work with my Savage 116 fss .300 RUM, I am sure it will take me a while to out perform this combo. I would like to get a muzzle brake on this rifle. I just don't know which one to use. I have a gentry on another rifle, but I think it could do a better job.
And thanks for the headsup on Graf & Sons, Midway shows them on back order. Lots of stuff on backorder lately.

Thanks John

Hello, I am new to this board and hope you don't mind me interjecting here........... I have used one of the BSA target scopes for about 4 years and can say only that it is impressive for its price. I have mine mounted on a target grade Bushmaster AR-15 and I print sub half moa groups with it. additionally I used this rifle / scope to take both of my whitetails last year. the first at 300 yds and the second at 326 yds. The scope is accurate. however, I will also confirm one negative....... the image is simply not as clear as many other scopes I have used, in fact, my tasco world class is clearer and brighter. More to follow on the Millett, I purchased the 6-25x56 AO mil dot yesterday and will be mounting it on my remington 700 sendero 7mm rem mag. I shoot long range so hope to be able to tell you more about its long range capabilities soon.

[ 09-19-2004: Message edited by: Paramour208 ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.