Millet scope any good?

"The secret to their low price is "Made in China". But that doesn't make them bad."

If your not buying American then I have no respect for you.

Save your money and buy something made here.

You can get a Leupold VX II 6-18 x40 for $500. They also make custom turrets for it. The glass is Japanese but the rest is made in Beaverton, OR.

Look at our economy! Want to make it better?

Put someone to work and buy "MADE IN THE USA"

If your not buying American then I have no respect for you.
Self-loathing can lead to depression and suicide - I suggest you look around your house and see just how many things you have that are made in China before you castigate the rest of us who want the most bang for our buck.

i have millet buck gold 4-16x56 its made in china by bushnell says right on the box millet's rings and bases are made in usa so they do put people to work

i try to by usa or at least from an amerian company when i can but this is not always the case if look at your computer which everyone on here has i dought there is an american part in it

i love the scope it track great has all the toys a $$$$ scope would have it mine came w/ sunshade and caps though the caps are junk did cost me nothing i wont hold against it

handle recoil great for me its on my 7mag

i will buy another

I have an LRS 6x25x56 on my .308. My first one had to go back right after mounting it I noticed the elevation knob had a wobble to it and when cranking it up it would rub the sleeve that has the markings on it.

I got a replacement from where it was ordered.Originally had the moa version but i got the .1 mil version on the replacement. I will say the LRS is big and heavy and the rings that came with it are way too tall on top my 20moa EGW base. Millets website doesn't list any 35mm rings that I have seen yet,but I have not e-mailed or called to find out if they offer anything else.

To me mine is pretty clear and everything seems to works well,knobs are not mushy and seems to return to zero just fine so far.

Going to go to a 1k range in about a week and will be getting a good chance to put alot of rounds through it and will see how it does.

I think the price for all the features is well worth it. Optics are clear and tracks nicely. I have the Buck Gold 4x16x56. Very happy with this scope. For the person posting to buy only American, have you looked at a new leupold lately? They can't even legally stamp made in the USA on most of thier products anymore because so many of the parts are outsourced from China. Assembled in the USA is more like it. Do some research before you slam the rest of us for buying Chinese products. Atleast Millet still makes mounts and iron sights in the USA. Have a read on this forum. Totally disgusted with Leupold - Sniper's Hide Forums

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.