military rangefinder

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by pittbull46, Jul 12, 2015.

1. pittbull46

pittbull46 Active Member

Hello does anybody know anything about Swiss M/41 Optical Rangefinder and what is 20000mts thanks

2. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

Several years back these were pretty popular; Google "wild" range Finder. It is not a laser range finder. The 20,000 means it can supposedly range that far in meters.

3. pittbull46

pittbull46 Active Member

Thanks for the info I will try it

4. yobuck

yobuck Well-Known Member

I have and still use almost exclusivly a Wild and also a Barr & Stroud military rangfinder. Of the two id reccomend the Wild as it would be newer and would no doubt have coated optics. Otherwise they would be almost identicle in appearance and function. Ebay will on occaision have one listed under military rangefinders.
    Be sure the small connecting tripod is included, otherwise attaching it to an after
    market tripod will be more difficult but not impossible. They actually have two tripods, the small one attaches to the unit and then fits into a larger one of about 3 ft in height. As a rule both would be included, but on occaision one will be missing.
    A fair price would be $300/$400.

5. pittbull46

pittbull46 Active Member

Thanks for the info I ordered one from samco today 295.95 + shipping can't wait to try it out