Mile shot

my bull last year took 6 rounds before going down with 300 berger out of my lapua. All 6 were in the shoulder with complete pass throughs. They are tough. Probably would have died first shot but i don't stop shooting until they stop flopping. Mine was only 1281 yards
That was a great shot! My hunting buddy won't stop shooting until they lay their head down. Cost him 6$ every shot. Lol.

338/378 Weatherby mag, Baer 338 chambered, Bat Machine action, Kruger fluted barrel, 15 lbs total. 300 gr Serria match King, 113 gr. Rel 50 set overall to 4.00 length. 3080 at the muzzle. Zero at 300 yd. 5223ft-lbs at 300 yd, 1224ft-lbs at 2200 yard.
Very nice. It's apparent that this is a well put together rig. 5 out of 6 shots in the vitals at a mile, in hunting conditions, take an extraordinary weapon as well as an accomplished trigger guy. This is no small feat. Congratulations and happy thanksgiving.

I am reading this correctly that this elk took 5 shots into the vitals before it fell down?
No you are reading it right...not only did it take 5 in vitals but traveling vitals at a mile..winding thru the timber...at a mile...with 5 out 6 timber area shots all hitting approximately 1/3 or less MOA .... **** tuff Elk!