Mil dot reticle?

So for almost $1k off on a scope with a mil reticle but has my familiar moa turret to dial with seems like a no brainer then. Especially with the fact that I don't use the reticule any way being that I have my top of the line rangefinder with me at all times. Is this pretty much a good assumption?
what scope make/model are you looking at? not sure i've seen any scopes where the reticle unit of measurement didn't match the turrets, just seems like it could be real confusing especially in the heat of the moment.

I actually kinda like the mildot reticle. yeah its plain and vanilla and old tech. but it works quite well for quick shots out to about 450 yards. I prefer MOA, in my more serious long range rings. The mildot makes a decent low light reticle too. its a pretty useful reticle and isn't cluttered. so within its limitations its awesome.

I use mil dot and love it. But it does take time to get used to it. Like rifle shooting, one must practice, practice, practice, ect.

what scope make/model are you looking at? not sure i've seen any scopes where the reticle unit of measurement didn't match the turrets, just seems like it could be real confusing especially in the heat of the moment.
They are out there but becoming more scarce. Leopold, among others, used to make them, for example. All kinds of information on the net for doing the mathematical conversions necessary to use them.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.