Midway did the right thing

4thefunofit

Having read a couple of posts about Midway cancelling backorders, I was a bit apprehensive about ever receiving a Redding neck sizing die set which I'd originally ordered in Jan. of '21. Midway agreed to redo the order at the original price after phone calls to Redding revealed it had been lost somewhere in the system. That was about nine months ago. Not wanting the order to go missing a second time, I made several calls to Redding who was very helpful in helping me keep track of it. So today it finally arrived, - Hallelujah - and even though its current price at Midway is more than twice the amount of the original, which according to Redding is less than their wholesale price, my price didn't change, and Midway didn't back out of the backorder. I'm a happy reloader!

I had order out a pair of 220 Swift Redding bushing FL dies from Brownell. They finally came back and said "No longer Available. They back out. I went to Midway, and order out a pair of dies. It took a bit, but I got them. The good thing about Brownell is they have an annual shipping fee. You can order out over the year at no additional costs for shipping except for hazmat.
From what I have read above. The manufactures and retail seem to work from hand to mouth. Now I can see that on something like 220 Swift dies, but on a lots of others items I don't see it that way.

I think all die manufacturers are on some type of back order. I ordered a set of 45ACP carbide dies from Dillon in February of 21. Still waiting. I'm glad I just ordered them for backup.

I think all die manufacturers are on some type of back order. I ordered a set of 45ACP carbide dies from Dillon in February of 21. Still waiting. I'm glad I just ordered them for backup.
Apparently manufactures cycle production thru the most to the least popular products. If what you want isn't what's most in demand, like my 6mm TCU, you're going to have to wait a while. Unfortunately, I had to wait twice because of a snafu.

Having read a couple of posts about Midway cancelling backorders, I was a bit apprehensive about ever receiving a Redding neck sizing die set which I'd originally ordered in Jan. of '21. Midway agreed to redo the order at the original price after phone calls to Redding revealed it had been lost somewhere in the system. That was about nine months ago. Not wanting the order to go missing a second time, I made several calls to Redding who was very helpful in helping me keep track of it. So today it finally arrived, - Hallelujah - and even though its current price at Midway is more than twice the amount of the original, which according to Redding is less than their wholesale price, my price didn't change, and Midway didn't back out of the backorder. I'm a happy reloader!
I buy from midway often. Never had a single problem in over twenty years.

A LITTLE DIFFERENT. I see that the shipping companies are requiring to sign for and ID, for powder and primers now. That's going to create a problem for some. Especially in rural areas where people are gone during the day. Or places that are closed on Sundays and Mondays. That Bull****!