• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Midway deal..

Now if I could find bolts that were not 400 bucks for a long action

Easier to find one for a Rem 700 than a Tikka. Only magnum action bolt I've been able to find is on E-Bay for over $550. I could buy a whole Tikka for that money so the bolt still sits on E-Bay...

Depends.. but yeah it's easy to order one.. if you want a mag bf there are guys that can make a tikka mag bf

You could get a PT&G 2 piece bolt and firing pin assembly for about $200 but one would still need a trigger and bottom metal.

Start adding up
Trigger pins
Bolt stop
Springs
Trigger
Bolt

Still about the same to get a stripped action. Less work.
Yep, did that exercise. Remembered I have a 721 sitting in the safe that needs a new barrel.

You could get a PT&G 2 piece bolt and firing pin assembly for about $200 but one would still need a trigger and bottom metal.
I agree. I was looking at the action when I received the email and almost pulled the trigger but I decided not to and will watch for someone to have the complete action(bolt, trigger) on sale!

If you need a magnum bolt I have a PTG LA w/ Sako extractor I ran in a Rem 700 338 Win. Sold the rifle but kept the bolt. Cerakote Elite black $200. No firing pin assy.